Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what not receiving CS is costing me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I'm about to be homeless if I don't come up with rent because my SOB ex won't pay his child support. I have no choice but to get one of those damn quickcash loans to keep a roof over the head of my children. I have no family to borrow from. I don't have any options right now.

I hate him. I hate him so much.

How can someone you were with for more than twenty years just walk away from his family like we don't exist?

He doesn't call, doesn't pay his support, doesn't visit his children. I don't understand.  

ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE FINANCE CHARGE Amount Financed Total of Payments
The cost of your credit as a yearly rate. The dollar amount the credit will cost you. The amount of credit provided to you or on your behalf. The amount you will have paid after you have made all payments as scheduled.
299.64% $933.99 $900.00 $1833.99
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
10 moms liked this

I don't know your story, but this is just one reason you don't rely on CS to pay your bills.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
You can't afford your half of rent even? Do you work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I agree with the PP. NEVER rely on child support, it's not a guaranteed income. I have never put CS in my budget. It's extra money when it's actually paid.
Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Hugs hopefully it will get better soon.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Holy fucking shit, that sucks :( I'm so sorry, mama. He sounds like scum :(

plumbobtoggle
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I have been in the same boat this year and was evicted. I had to move in with my mother. My ex cheated and walked out on us in early January, and hasn't sent a dime in support since. I was working, but only part time and even though I begged for more hours they wouldn't give them to me. I was in the process of looking for a second job when I lost my apartment. Both vehicles were in his name, so I couldn't get a title loan. It's been a nightmare. Hope things get better for you!

withsecond
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Wow, that sucks.
I have learned long ago, never rely on child support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Yes I work and  I work my ass off but I'm still digging out of the hole he left us in. In addition to my regular full time job, I do odd jobs and bartering.

Due to the holidays, people cut me out of their budget so I couldn't do my jobs for them but said I could reach out to them in Feb to start back up. 

I'm just not in a place yet to stand on my own financially without depending on it. That is my goal. I DO want to get to a place to live without CS being a neccessity but it takes time. These kinds of set backs isn't helping. My credit is suffering because now I'm late on everything which I never was before he left. As soon as that first late hit, the creditor snowballed, cutting my limits or cutting me off entirely then next thing I know, the APR's jump so high I can't make the minimums anymore either so the snowball has gotten bigger and bigger. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to contact your creditors and ask to be enrolled in a hardship program. They stop adding fees and lower the interest so you can catch up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I work and  I work my ass off but I'm still digging out of the hole he left us in. In addition to my regular full time job, I do odd jobs and bartering.

Due to the holidays, people cut me out of their budget so I couldn't do my jobs for them but said I could reach out to them in Feb to start back up. 

I'm just not in a place yet to stand on my own financially without depending on it. That is my goal. I DO want to get to a place to live without CS being a neccessity but it takes time. These kinds of set backs isn't helping. My credit is suffering because now I'm late on everything which I never was before he left. As soon as that first late hit, the creditor snowballed, cutting my limits or cutting me off entirely then next thing I know, the APR's jump so high I can't make the minimums anymore either so the snowball has gotten bigger and bigger. 

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time.  Saying a prayer for you and your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)