Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so annoyed

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 27 Replies
My fiance isn't the warmest person, but he puts off this vibe that he dislikes my family.
Now, his family for the most part, I love. With the strong exception of his father (ugh) We go over there EVERY Sunday, EVERY holiday. Even Christmas Eve we aren't the night an opened gifts early in the morning and stayed until 3pm.
But when we went over my grandparents house, he's standoffish, rude, and just blah.
We stayed for about 2 hours, And the second hour he stayed in the car (he claimed he had a headache)

Now, to be fair, my grandfather and mother didn't like my fiance at first (he doesn't know) he did some dumb shit

Anyway, we got into an argument about it on Christmas night. Now, I don't know my next move.

And before I get the replies: "with your attitude, I'm sure he hates your parents" or "I can only imagine what your family is like" etc etc...
Just hush, this is a real issue... not an attempt to piss people off.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Bump
kimbob2284
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I dont know either.  My SO is similar, he has straight up said he doesnt like my mom (that hurt, and he has never really hung out with her and doesnt really know her at all) and for the most part will not go to my dads. My only thought at this point is to stop going to his families with him, but I dont like that either cause I like them, and I know its super passive agressive.  Its just frustrating to not have things be reciprocated. 

LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Family drama is tough. Good luck.
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Have you asked him why he feels this way?

Quoting kimbob2284:

I dont know either.  My SO is similar, he has straight up said he doesnt like my mom (that hurt, and he has never really hung out with her and doesnt really know her at all) and for the most part will not go to my dads. My only thought at this point is to stop going to his families with him, but I dont like that either cause I like them, and I know its super passive agressive.  Its just frustrating to not have things be reciprocated. 

lunyuny
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Whats his excuse to not liking your family?
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Thanks. I'm not alone.
Yeah, I think ill stop going to his family's house.
Its not needed so often, and honestly, I really can't stand dfs father

Quoting kimbob2284:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Have you flat out asked him why he is so different aroudn your family?    Does he think they don't like him?   Do they like him?  Could he be responding to their negative vibes?   I think before you 2 go anythign futher, you really need to work on this.   My DH has done some really stupid stuff too, but I can say he turned into an amazing husband and father.   Many times, we all just need to let the past die.

kimbob2284
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I know why. He is a super judgy person and judges her for a lot of different things. 

Quoting LyTe684: Have you asked him why he feels this way?

Quoting kimbob2284:

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
He says he likes them
But I keep getting questioned by my family, Because they feel it too.
He's rude

Quoting lunyuny: Whats his excuse to not liking your family?
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Oh. That sucks. Sorry.

Quoting kimbob2284:

I know why. He is a super judgy person and judges her for a lot of different things. 

Quoting LyTe684: Have you asked him why he feels this way?

Quoting kimbob2284:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)