Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yup, mom fail.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

I almost ruined the Tooth Fairy for my 5 year old. She lost her second tooth on Christmas Day (ironically, she lost her first tooth on Thanksgiving, maybe number 3 will be on New Years). We had such an eventful Christmas; I was so exhausted and fell asleep and didn't wake up until the next morning. This meant no money under the pillow! I did wake up at 6am, so I tried to sneak into her bedroom. As I was slipping the money under her pillow she woke up and said "Mommy, the tooth fairy didn't come yet. What are you doing in my bedroom?" I was at a loss so I said "Oh, I just wanted to cuddle with my baby." So we cuddled for a few minutes and I told her to check under her pillow again in a while- with the holidays I was sure the Tooth Fairy was just a little behind schedule. I also told her the Tooth Fairy was so small and quick that she wouldn't even notice when the Tooth Fairy came.

Ten minutes later, she's screaming happily that the Tooth Fairy came! Total mom fail, but holy cow, I was able to cover it! I'm sure there will be moms saying "you should have just told her there is no tooth fairy" but I'm not about to ruin the fun for her and my 4 year old just yet.

Have you come close to spilling the beans on the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa, or any other mythical figure your kids adore? If so, did you cover it and if so, how?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

LMAO I do this ALLLLL the time. I always forget... then run upstairs, and when my son asks where his tooth money is, I tell him to search around his bed, maybe it fell out from under his pillow, and while he does that, I sneak it in, lol. I am terrible at being the Tooth Fairy.

EmilyG10
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Nice save!

Daisy329
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Whew, at least I'm not alone!

Quoting Superlaura328:

LMAO I do this ALLLLL the time. I always forget... then run upstairs, and when my son asks where his tooth money is, I tell him to search around his bed, maybe it fell out from under his pillow, and while he does that, I sneak it in, lol. I am terrible at being the Tooth Fairy.

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My mamma did this with my now 8 year old sister, when she was 5 my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister and she had spent all night pukeing and fell asleep and totally forgot. She snuck me the money and I stuck it in the pocket of a shirt her teddy bear was wearing and told my sister she was looking in the wrong place. She still believes in everything but I think she started questioning Santa a bit this year because she was trying to be nosey christmas eve when we were getting the presents out of my car into the house. It was 11:30 pm and we THOUGHT she was sleeping but I guess we were wrong because I caught her trying to sneak a glance and then asked me why it was us doing it and not Santa.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

They are four and five, they can have a couple more years of Tooth Fairy! Good cover, mama! 

LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Close one. DS thinks he heard Santa. It was DH waking to the bathroom. Funny thing is DH was getting up as I was wrapping. I told him not to go yet in case DS woke up. Very smart on my part or I would've been caught. Lol
Daisy329
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Thanks! I'm a little surprised she bought it. She can usually tell when I'm "pullin a fast one" haha.

Quoting EmilyG10:

Nice save!

draven3107
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I am the wost Tooth Fairy ever. I forget lots of things naturally, it sucks. My kids have written nice demanding letters the next day for their money.

Daisy329
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Good save! 

Yikes about Santa, what did you say?

Quoting zombieskayer:

My mamma did this with my now 8 year old sister, when she was 5 my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister and she had spent all night pukeing and fell asleep and totally forgot. She snuck me the money and I stuck it in the pocket of a shirt her teddy bear was wearing and told my sister she was looking in the wrong place. She still believes in everything but I think she started questioning Santa a bit this year because she was trying to be nosey christmas eve when we were getting the presents out of my car into the house. It was 11:30 pm and we THOUGHT she was sleeping but I guess we were wrong because I caught her trying to sneak a glance and then asked me why it was us doing it and not Santa.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM

i lost a tooth the day elvis died.the tooth fairy was upset..i never let the tooth fairy forget that elvises death was more important than my tooth..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)