Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd is shy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My 2 yo dd is very shy. She talks, well developed. She gets brave when her brother is around, but when we are outside just with her she becomes all clingy and doesnt talk at all. What to do?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM

BUMP!

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My DD is shy too. She is 7 now, and it has gotten better. Daycare helped, and I also signed her up for park district classes during the summers. Pre school helped her even more, but she will always have a quieter personality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I'm 27 and still like that. To be honest I don't get why you'd want to change it? You can get her involved in more activies but at the end of the day get her to be herself.

Also - is she introverted or shy? There's quite adifference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I'm 27 and still like that. To be honest I don't get why you'd want to change it? You can get her involved in more activies but at the end of the day get her to be herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I'm 27 and still like that. To be honest I don't get why you'd want to change it? You can get her involved in more activies but at the end of the day get her to be herself.

She talks non stop and very active when with me and her siblings but around other people she just stands next to me, smiling and doesnt say a word. She is shy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Then shes an introvert. Shyness you can definitely try to change. If she's an introvert that's her natural self. My husbands like that....Google introverts...you'll learn a lot!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: I'm 27 and still like that. To be honest I don't get why you'd want to change it? You can get her involved in more activies but at the end of the day get her to be herself.

She talks non stop and very active when with me and her siblings but around other people she just stands next to me, smiling and doesnt say a word. She is shy

KJ786
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I think the only thing you can do is continue to expose her to other children and people, so she learns to trust other people. As they always say, the only way to overcome an uncomfortable situation is to keep putting yourself in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatLee42513
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I'm an introvert OP. Like someone else stated it sounds like your daughter is an introvert :). We are very misunderstood. Exposing her to others is good but don't push too Much..it may just be her.
Charlie557
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

She's 2 and is not secure outside of people she knows. It's normal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)