Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your point is invalid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My dh tried to justify his horrific outfit by saying "I wore stuff like this all the time when I was growing up!" You grew up in the 70's and 80's therefore two eras in which clothing choices can never be used as reasoning. Your point my dear, is invalid.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
The 80's style had come back. ...
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

But...he still gets to wear it, right?

Just call him Greg Brady (The Brady Bunch) and............like walk 50 feet behind him when he's dressed up for disco night. ;)

Dungonecrazy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Sounds like my dh. He refuse to accept the fact that the 70s and 80s are long gone. Not only in terms of fashion, but also in cars, music, housing, and prices of things. I think he's ultimately stuck in some sort of time warp bubble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
withsecond
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM
lol
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I'm just envisioning someone in John Travolta Saturday Night Fever-esque disco gear and it's cracking me up, lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this
If and only IF you are 15 and under, lol. Certainly not when you're a 39 year old man trying to wear acid washed jeans and a short sleeved striped polo with a turtleneck underneath to a freaking wake...

Quoting Anonymous: The 80's style had come back. ...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

The 80's were awesome!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Wow, my dh is pretty up there in age and he's not into today's styles, but he wears classic jeans & slacks, so,it's not an issue. He isn't interested in styles from 20 or more years ago. Funny, your dh's are probably much younger and they are like that.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Yeah, well, a lot of that stuff is back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM
He was already told that he wouldn't be going anywhere with me dressed like that. He's going to a wake with a friend, for the dad of someone they knew way back when.

Quoting PPCLC:

But...he still gets to wear it, right?

Just call him Greg Brady (The Brady Bunch) and............like walk 50 feet behind him when he's dressed up for disco night. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)