Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Official

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Ok, so there is this stupid show on MTV my hubby insisted we watch because wouldn't ya know it, "there is nothing else on TV." It is called Generation Cryo. It's about teens searching for their sperm donor (literal meaning, not the dead beat dad meaning). So my very knowledgeable hubby (cough cough) asks if people are really able to locate this sperm donor from the sperm bank and how much these guys get paid. (I'm pretty sure he is now interested in getting $20 to cum in a cup after watching 1 episode of this show and our after show discussion). So after the show was over it brought us to discussing if we would donate to a family that wants a baby and how we would feel if for some insane reason the child figured out who we were and found us (I understand that doesnt happen as the info you give these banks is anonymous except for what people need to know medically) but what if. Ok I am the type of woman that would donate my eggs to someone, however I wouldnt want to know anything after that or even who the eggs went to. I would deny the child if they came looking for me and tell them they found the wrong person. (I know I'm cold hearted). My reason for this is it's truly not my child. It's called donating for a reason. My hubby said if his sperm donor children came looking for him he would be happy to communicate with them as a friend or role model. (He has a big heart :)) Well what would you do if you donated your eggs? what if the kid came looking for you? would you ever donate your eggs? would you feel comfortable with your hubby/SO donating his sperm? what if his sperm donor children came looking for him? would you support the relationship?

**Please excuse my poor spelling and grammar. I'm not certified in perfection on either.***

Also this is an open discussion on gifting life. Not everyone approves of gifting life, if that is in fact you please donnt even bother entering this discussion or judging others on how they feel about gifting life or allowing their hubby/SO to do so. This is a what would you do discussion not a judge others discussion. Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kimbob2284
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I have fleetingly thought about donating eggs, but the idea of a biological child walking around out there feels weird to me. 

dizzy91
by Kelly on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I would completely be open for a relationship of some sort. Same for if my fiance donated sperm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM
that's how i feel as well. It feels wierd knowing my bio child is somewhere out there. That's why i say if I did donate my eggs I wouldn't want to know anything more after leaving the donation place. My hubby says I'm mean, but it's just too much for me.

Quoting kimbob2284:

I have fleetingly thought about donating eggs, but the idea of a biological child walking around out there feels weird to me. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I could never do itKnowing I might have a kid out there and not being able to see them would bother me

kimbob2284
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I don't think I could even bring myself to go. I like the idea, I would love to help someone conceive, but I think I would find myself constantly looking at kids that resembled me in any way and wondering if they were mine. 

Quoting Anonymous: that's how i feel as well. It feels wierd knowing my bio child is somewhere out there. That's why i say if I did donate my eggs I wouldn't want to know anything more after leaving the donation place. My hubby says I'm mean, but it's just too much for me.

Quoting kimbob2284:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Lol me too. I love the idea as well and my hubby likes the thought as well to help a family. But I wonder if the kid ends up having a horrible life howw guilty I would feel. That's what would freak me out the most is the typer of life the child has.

Quoting kimbob2284:

I don't think I could even bring myself to go. I like the idea, I would love to help someone conceive, but I think I would find myself constantly looking at kids that resembled me in any way and wondering if they were mine. 

Quoting Anonymous: that's how i feel as well. It feels wierd knowing my bio child is somewhere out there. That's why i say if I did donate my eggs I wouldn't want to know anything more after leaving the donation place. My hubby says I'm mean, but it's just too much for me.

Quoting kimbob2284:

JealousGrrl
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would donate eggs, and I think dh has donated sperm before. If they came looking for us I would kindly tell them that I donated to give their parents the gift of a family. I would not have a relationship with them. In my mind they would not be my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)