Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your child graze?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I let dd graze and eat when she wants. The only real set meal we have in the house is dinner. Other than that it's whenever we're hungry.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I let DS graze. He has autism and has a really hard time sitting still. HE has to be up and moving some part of his body. Usually he is flapping his hands or wiggling his toes but flapping of his hands tends to knock a bunch of stuff off the table so I let him get up when he gets antsy. He eats more when he grazes anyways, because he isn't stressing over not being able to move.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

When I'm not feeling well or special occasions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Yup.  All 3 have grazed all their lives, and are lean machines (they are 11-17).  They are pickier eaters than I would like, though.

i, too, only make supper.  It is easier on me, lol.  I do make supper as it  gives me a chance to make sure veggies and protein are on the plate.  My kids can cook a bit, and I think having to fend for themselves during the non-supper hours has encouraged this.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Yes but only on veggies, fresh fruit, low fat cheeses/yogurts, nuts and dry cereal like chex or life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)