Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I pushed him away and had no idea!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

I just had my baby in March and never thought I would go through depression! I thought it would all pass as she got older and things got easier. I was nagging and yelling more then I usually ever did. I changed and didn't know it. I'm pushing him away...
My husband is a quiet person who waited for it all to blow over. He started to resent me but never said anything till he had it.
Now we are apart to figure things out and I finally realize how I have been. A lot of it is my fault and I want to change.
Is it over?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
What's up with the photo? Lol
Lindzlou91
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you try asking HIM.
badylugs80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I was like that with my dh. Several years after realizing how I was, I'm still fighting to save my marriage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I went through this with my first baby. SOO we decided that we would take more time for ourselves to get back to being a couple with a new baby that was still nursing this meant putting him to sleep and sitting up and playing a card game, laughing, joking only saying positive things to one another each night we say three things to each other about why we are greatful for them, such as I appreciate that you did that dishes or whatever it was he did that I noticed and thought was sweet. It really really helped both of us to realize that all the other stuff of what we don't do doesn't matter because we both have each others back and we both know how much we mean to each other and see each other only in a postive light.

mjmorrison
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

been there It can be fixed, we went counseling found out he started thinking of me as the permanent roommate instead of a wife. you need to show him you love him, not blame him. use the words me and I, 

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Quoting Lindzlou91: Why don't you try asking HIM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
This. I thought it was going to be an article.

Quoting Anonymous: What's up with the photo? Lol
Pshell22
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what we're going through now! All I get from him is "I don't know"

I'm giving him space...

Quoting Lindzlou91: Why don't you try asking HIM.
Pshell22
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Thank you! Your post helped. I know now I'm nagging and need to let up! I just hope it's not too late

Quoting mjmorrison:

been there It can be fixed, we went counseling found out he started thinking of me as the permanent roommate instead of a wife. you need to show him you love him, not blame him. use the words me and I, 

Pshell22
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Figuring things out...lol

Quoting Anonymous: What's up with the photo? Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)