Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of Boys...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

Curious... For those that did circumcise is it normal/ok for others to ask how it all went & how everything is healing?

I have a boy, we kept him intact... But I have a friend who circ'ed her first child-had slight issues & just circ'ed her new baby boy & Im curious if healing went OK... But is this inappropriate to ask?...

IDK, any other procedure/surgery someone goes through its expected you ask how all is going... But when it comes to circumcision recovery it seems kinda hush-hush...Why?

EDIT:

Why is it more personal?.... If my son was born & his testicals never descended & we needed to do surgery or whatever, I would think it was normal for others to ask how it is going...

(This is not a should you circ or not post.... This is not a bash the pro/anti anything post... So please make your own post for that & stay on the question I ask...)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM

To me that is more personal than asking how a childs tonsillectomy went. I wouldn't ask anything.

lunyuny
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I would not ask
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Well people get offended over every little thing. I however was never bothered. Both my boys were circ but outside our families we never talked about it, it wasn't a big deal recovery was quick it did hurt but no more then getting a shot. If you want to ask her just ask.

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I wouldn't ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM

No one has ever asked us. I guess because a lot of them do go good and if it didn't, then you would probably hear about it from your friend.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
It just never occurred to me to ask about someone's child's genitalia. Just seems like a whole lot of none of my business.
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I wouldn't have been offended if anyone had asked, but honestly I don't think anyone did!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I would.say it.depends on how close you are. If you visit often and share health info, go ahead and ask.

If you are acquaintances and don't often talk - then no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM

why do you want to know?

Malayahsmom06
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM
If you are good friends I don't see why asking would hurt. If you are not close, maybe not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)