Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare provider pleads not guilty after a child in her care dies.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

A while back another lady posted a recent-to-then news release about this story, from before the poor baby had died. I can't find that post back even though I commented on it. Anyway, here's the most recent article on the whole thing. I apologize if it doesn't post as a clicky, I don't know how to do that. That's why I'm also copy/pasting the article. The mom posts in the comments below the article, explaining a couple of things mentioned & questioned by others. There are a lot more articles available by googling the murderer's name. LIke I said in the other post from earlier that I commented on, I went to school with her (the murderer). I also am too close to too many people directly involved in the whole thing, so I know way too much from all sides. It's so sad. One thing that no article has mentioned, that really bothers me, is that the murderer and the baby's mom are first cousins! Makes it so much sicker.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/24310545/2013/12/26/woman-charged-in-daycare-murder-appears-in-court

ORANGE CITY, Iowa (KTIV) -

An Orange City, Iowa woman pleaded not guilty in court Thursday morning in connection with the death of a three-year old girl.    The courtroom was packed in Sioux County, Iowa, when 33 year-old Rochelle Sapp  entered the room.    

The side of the courtroom behind Rochelle Sapp and her defense attorney was jam-packed with people. 

On the other side, only three women, including 3 year-old Autumn Elgersma's mother, sat behind prosecutor, Sioux County Attorney Coleman McAllister. Those three women sat with an Orange City police officer.

Sapp was emotional as her attorney requested her bond be reduced.

After hearing arguments from the prosecution, the judge denied the request.

The 33 year-old woman is charged with first degree murder and child endangerment resulting in death.

Court documents say Sapp was Autumn Elgersma's daycare provider.

On October 29th, police say Sapp admitted she threw the three-year old to the floor after she refused to take off her coat.

Elgersma was taken to a Sioux Falls Hospital where she died two days later, on October 31st.

Autopsy records confirmed Elgersma died of blunt force trauma to the head.

The judge allowed her to post 10 percent of her 250-thousand dollar bond she was released from jail.

Her first pre-trial hearing is set for April 8th. A trial date has not been set at this point.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Damn shame.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Bumpity

ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:21 AM
She better be found guilty. She had no business throwing that baby on the ground!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Wow smfh. ...people are sick. ..
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM
This honestly makes me sick-she should be given the death penalty.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
That poor baby. How could anyone be so cruel?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Bumping to reach others who saw the original post

Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Yes this was no accident. To kill her she must have thrown her quite hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)