Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, We Won't Come Get You

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 2 Replies

Tonight, our household is having to play the bad guy. 

My fiance's 19 year old nephew (he's on leave from the Marines) decided to go hang out with some friends about 40 minutes away from here. He was supposed to come to our house for the night, and his mom would pick him up when she got off work in the morning (she's a night shift nurse). Our car is not working right now, and he knows that.

About an hour ago, he called, completely drunk, asking for my fiance's dad to come get him. To bring him and his drunk friend to our house for the night. We all said hell no! For one, our car is broken. Two, he's an idiot when he's drunk! He acts like a jerk. We've never met his friend, ever. We don't know what kind of drunk he is. 

So, he asked us to pay for a cab to come pick him and his friend up. HELL NO.

My fiance's mom sleeps in the living room, because her COPD makes it so she can't lay down. That's the only place these guys would be able to sleep. I am not leaving her in the room alone with a drunk stranger! I am 22 weeks pregnant. I don't trust this young, drunk guy to be in our house around our stuff, me, or my family. No way in hell are they coming here!

So, now, we're all the bad guys. He's pissed, because he can't come here and crash. We called his mom, and she's going to pick him up. She'll be taking his friend home, and then, taking him back to the house. She's pissed, and rightfully so! She has to drive pretty darn far to get him.

I'm sorry, but if he thinks his disabled grandparents, his uncle, or his pregnant soon-to-be aunt are going to bail him and his friend out, he needs to rethink things. We are not a party crash pad. We are not a hotel for his drunk friends. I don't care how pissed he is. He can be pissed. My fiance's mom says the same thing.

He's an adult. He can deal with it.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I would've picked him up for his own safety.
dizzy91
by Kelly on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

That's why we called his mom. We have no car right now. It's not working. There's no way we could have gone to get him, and we're not paying 50+ dollars for a cab. 

His mom is already on the way to get him.

Quoting Anonymous: I would've picked him up for his own safety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)