Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Petite section in stores

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I wear a size 8 short jeans at American eagle and usually a size medium sometimes a large bc of my chest depending on the shirt. We were walking past the petite section at belk and I saw a fleece jacket on clearance I went to try it on and my SO said this is the clearance section it's not your size. I tried it on but it was at my belt length wise and I prefer stuff a little longer. He basically said I couldn't fit in petite clothes? What exactly is the definition of petite clothing section? I felt like a sumo wrestler walking away from there. If the petite section is for skinny people like he thinks why do they have an xl size?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Petite is for short people. Like i'm 5 foot 6 but my torso is the long part and my legs are freakishly short so I have to get petite for my pants or the legs drag and get ruined.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM
It's for short people. My mom is 5 feet tall and shops the petite section.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM
It's for shorter people. They still have regular sizes though the shirts are just a bit shorter and sleeves and inseems are shorter.
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
What the others said.
Luuckymommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I am 4 foot 11 ish and the petite section is for me lol.
ProudMommaBear
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Yup the others covered it.
jteffs
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Petite is cut shorter because it's for short people. The sleeves/legs are the appropriate length for people who are 5'4 or shorter, I believe.

piesmama09
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Petite means really short, petite pants on me are capris :)

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM

It's not  for skinny  women it  is for short women.  My  daughter  wears a size 6.  She doesn't  have a problem  with shorts...  but  regular  jeans  drag the  ground  so she  has to buy the petites.   I  also  have a friend   who is a size  12  in  petites  because she is short.    

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Same here.. what the others said. I found some nice stuff in the petite section at Kohls last week because the regular pants especially are way to long. I am 5'2". 

Quoting BeAmour: What the others said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)