Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish my SIL would stop posting pics of my niece on FB **ETA**

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 145 Replies
2 moms liked this
Its driving me insane. She always looks dirty and her hair is always ratty. The carpet always looks gross-little pieces of paper and just...stuff...over it. Nothing is ever put away!

When I see my niece she's presentable (her nails are usually dirty but whatever) and her hair is kinda combed (I don't think SIL knows how to really do hair). Its not like I think she's in danger.

I hid her stories from my news feed...but then her mother started to share the photos. I don't want to hide HER stuff bc I like to see the other kids in my family...I just HATE the pictures of my niece because everything always looks so dirty!

ETA:

Whenever someone makes a post about clean homes (in this case, floors) some people insist that the OP is making themselves out to be perfect.

I don't understand why people think clean floors equals perfection. That's just a standard for me. A clean house. Even if I'm exhausted or sick, I make sure my home is clean. Because its my home. And my family lives here. Sure, not everything gets home but my home is never at a point where you would see trash laying around. By the end of the night everything is back in its place and thrown away. The trash is taken out. The dishes are done. And I work long hours...

Why is this considered perfection? Why don't you make clean homes your standard?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jshep35061824
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
My sister does the SAME THING with my niece. At least its pics of her dirty house and no one else's? Lol
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I just don't understand how you don't notice that your carpet is filthy. Its also not like she works. She could clean it lol.

Quoting jshep35061824: My sister does the SAME THING with my niece. At least its pics of her dirty house and no one else's? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

So tell her you don't want her to post pictures of 

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Ps she was sick here and her nose running like a faucet

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Mobile Photo

Meh. I work full time and DH travels a lot so there are days where my house is a mess and my kids are doing something cute. I crop pics to cut out the clutter but sometimes my youngest's face is a mess. See? Lol. It is what it is.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM
19 moms liked this

sounds like this person may be using facebook to interact with others using images from their actual life and not some idealized version of it.

that's just craaaaaaazy yo

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
7 moms liked this
She had the flu and bronchitis and was crying ALL day long. When I finally had her calm enough to sleep I tried wiping it and she got fussy. I decided to pick my battles and her sleeping was more important than a snotty nose.

Quoting LeslieandBerlyn: That looks so gross. Kids with snotty noses is my biggest pet peeve.. So nasty. But i know it happens, cant wipe it constantly...

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom: Ps she was sick here and her nose running like a faucet

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Mobile Photo

Meh. I work full time and DH travels a lot so there are days where my house is a mess and my kids are doing something cute. I crop pics to cut out the clutter but sometimes my youngest's face is a mess. See? Lol. It is what it is.
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
7 moms liked this
I swear I don't care what's in the background as long as the kids are loved and not being abused. Anyone spending too much time judging others really needs to check themselves. At least she can clean up her mess in a short time but judgemental people take more work to fix than a messy house.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom: Ps she was sick here and her nose running like a faucet

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't even realize how many people get so uptight about this kind of thing, until I joined CM! And now, I find myself analyzing every little thing about other people's posted photos. There are some things that can be overlooked, but there are also alot of things that are just disgusting. Like, why would you post that?! Eeeewww.

deboramomof2
by đź’‹sweetcandyđź’‹ on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

O I'm guessing this is digusting too.... my baby eating his birthday cake and i took a picture of his messy cake face.... blah blah blah
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Messy cake face is totally different

Quoting deboramomof2:

Mobile Photo

O I'm guessing this is digusting too.... my baby eating his birthday cake and i took a picture of his messy cake face.... blah blah blah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)