Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have a first name and/or middle name that you just settled on?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I had names since I was small that I wanted to name my children. I still love these names but didn't get to use them because my SO wanted our children to have K names like him. I love the names I chose for my daughters but they're not my absolute FAVOURITE.

What about you?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malissa1578
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM

No my kids had names that are passed down for middle names and their first names had a lot of thought go into them.

luvmyaustin
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM
This one might if a girl I cannot for the life of me find a name I like that ends in "n"!!!!!!HELP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Yep ... I wanted Michael Scott and no one liked it.

Michael was a "no" b/c that's what my brother's name was (stillborn) and it would have been upsetting to my parents.

Scott was a "no" b/c hubby's best friend was Scott and hubby was not comfy with that one. 

So I pulled one out of the air and put it on the birth certificate so no one could argue. Should have just used the one I wanted. 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Dh picked the youngests name. I dont really like it at all, but no big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Jaelyn? Adrien? Jocelyn? Kailynn? Anything with Lynn? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Nope, I named them what I wanted to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM
What's the name?

You don't like it at all? I couldn't handle that.

Quoting thenameshailie: Dh picked the youngests name. I dont really like it at all, but no big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My SO was the same way. Every name I liked he knew someone with the name and didn't want to use it *rolls eyes*

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Yep ... I wanted Michael Scott and no one liked it.

Michael was a "no" b/c that's what my brother's name was (stillborn) and it would have been upsetting to my parents.

Scott was a "no" b/c hubby's best friend was Scott and hubby was not comfy with that one. 

So I pulled one out of the air and put it on the birth certificate so no one could argue. Should have just used the one I wanted. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My only child's name was determined far in advance. DH chose Emma for a girl, and Robert for a boy.. We thought we were having a girl, so i didn't fight him on the boy name. i preferred Oliver, but Roberto is dh's grandpa's name. dh's name is Francisco. but when a boy popped out instead of the girl, DH said, "well hello Oliver." So I got my favorite. His name is Oliver Francis.
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
My oldest son is named after his father. His name still isn't my favorite but i honestly couldn't see him with a didn't name at this point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)