Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I leave?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My ex is coming to pick up some of his stuff tomorrow, I broke up with him almost 2 weeks ago and we haven't talked or seen each other since.

Do you think I should leave so their is no drama? I honestly love this guy and care about him but I broke up with him because of his unfinished business with his babymama and daughter. I'd like to be friends with him but at the same time I know it's a bad idea in case we get back  together in the future or something. He would randomly start fights and I know I don't want that in a relationship but he's basically perfect besides the random fighting and baby mama drama.

My mom thinks I should stay, she secretly hopes that we will get back together even though she won't admit it. I'm basically torn, I kind of want to see him but at the same time I don't want old feelings to come back and for me to miss him more. Idk, give me some blunt responses please.

I'm sure all of you will say to leave but a part of me wants to stay. And I would trust him coming into my house with out stealing anything, he's not like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evolove
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Stay otherwise there's no telling what he will take. Have a friend or family member stop by before he does to be there to mediate if need be. 

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Since you don't want the drama, just leave.  No sense in sticking around to stir up emotions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I'm 99.9% positvie he wouldn't take anything that wasn't his. And I would walk away if he started anything, I really don't think he would but then again I haven't really been around him except when I was his girlfriend.

Quoting evolove:

Stay otherwise there's no telling what he will take. Have a friend or family member stop by before he does to be there to mediate if need be. 

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd pack his stuff for him and leave it on my front porch and lock my doors and stay inside.

Remy11
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Why don't you have a frank conversation about him tying up the loose ends of his drama and how you can keep it as separate as possible from your lives together? If you have a plan and stick to it maybe you can have a functional relationship where you can be a support to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

If you want to stay to make sure he doesn't take anything of urs ,get a cop to come out to make sure their is no drama

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM

As soon as I broke up with him he called his babymama and moved in there. So basically now their is no going back. In our relationship it was always between me and his babymama/daughter. So fuck that, I'm not going to be an option like that. Their was a lot more to it but he got below my standards which is really shitty because for the most part we were a perfect match.

Quoting Remy11: Why don't you have a frank conversation about him tying up the loose ends of his drama and how you can keep it as separate as possible from your lives together? If you have a plan and stick to it maybe you can have a functional relationship where you can be a support to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

BUMP!

abecee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Why not pack up all his stuff and drop it off at a mutual friend's house for him to pick up later?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)