• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know what would fix it?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a plumbing problem and apparently I'm going to have to call a plumber :/
My sink it leaking underneath but when I turn it on even full blast all it does is dribble!! Wtf? Anybody have any tips? Other than calling a plumber *sigh* Any plumber husbands that can offer a free tip? :]
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
plumbobtoggle
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Take it apart and put it back together firstr. It could just be that a washer isn't sealing properly. If the washer is damaged, then they are very cheap to replace(only a few dollars). Just take one with you to the hardware store so you can match it. Same thing if it's PVC pipe and there's a crack. The section you would need would only cost you a few bucks.

Momma6198
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Lol well... the problem started w the dribble. So we adjusted the hot and cold controls under the sink. This is when it started leaking and the dribble actually got worse. .. ugh I so don’t want to pay a plumber right now. But I don't know how to do what you suggested.

Quoting plumbobtoggle:

Take it apart and put it back together firstr. It could just be that a washer isn't sealing properly. If the washer is damaged, then they are very cheap to replace(only a few dollars). Just take one with you to the hardware store so you can match it. Same thing if it's PVC pipe and there's a crack. The section you would need would only cost you a few bucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Duct tape
Momma6198
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM
That's not going to fix that the water inly dribbles lol but good advice! Its a fix all haha

Quoting Anonymous: Duct tape
Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM

take a picture, and where its leaking and post it.

Not a plumber or plumber husband, but we do a lot of our work.

mjmorrison
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM

the aerator - where the water comes out has a screen and gets clogged. just unscrew and clean the screen

Momma6198
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
My phone is almost dead so no flash for under sink pic...but its leaking from the knobs UNDER THE SINK where you can adjust the hot and cold.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Momma6198
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
We live in a city with very hard water... this was done way back and there isn't one anymore. But I suspect the hard water is a play here. Lime build-up.

Quoting mjmorrison:

the aerator - where the water comes out has a screen and gets clogged. just unscrew and clean the screen

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM

So is it leaking from where the knobs connect? or somewhere along the supply line?

are they copper tubes?

If they are leaking from the knobs, just shut off the water, take apart the hardware and replace the gaskets. If its very old you might be beter off replacing the whole hardware set.

Quoting Momma6198: My phone is almost dead so no flash for under sink pic...but its leaking from the knobs UNDER THE SINK where you can adjust the hot and cold.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Youtube has a lot of tutorials on this.

If its in the supply pipes themselves, like at a joint or somethin g- you need a plumber unless your man knows how to sweat a pipe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)