Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Man Needs a Car to Be Considered a "Real" Man.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 44 Replies
I spent alot of time on the road today and saw alot of men walking and riding bikes. I assumed many of them didnt have vehicles because many of them were rolling and carrying heavy-looking loads or struggling to ride their bikes while holding items.

Ive seen men walking and sweating carrying tool bags and bookbags.

Today brought back memories of the times Ive heard women say they will NOT date a man who does not own a vehicle. Would you?

I can date a guy without a vehicle but he would have to access to one especially for emergency purposes.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM
No car, no date.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I would never date a man who didn't drive. In fact, I don't even like to be friends with anyone who doesn't drive.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

it wouldnt be a deal breaker, but it wouldnt be ideal, either.

BAMFSFW
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I would never date a guy that didn't have a car.
Jhamlin76544
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Sounds lk a scrub
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My Dh does not have a car. No need for 2 cars here where we live. He rode his bicycle to work for a year before getting a motorcycle. And yes I would date him lol

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My husband actually didn't have a car when we met back in grad school.  He lived downtown and took a bus, so it wasn't relevant at the time.  I just did the driving during our dating.  I didn't mind. But of course, there was a legitimate reason for it. 

We've been married a long, long time now. 

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM
If we lived in a large city with adequate transportation I wouldn't think twice about it. Living somewhere where a car is needed to get anywhere is a different story
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have one friend who didn't drive, and she got a pass because we've been friends since we were 14.  But I reamed her ass out about in 2005.

I wouldn't date a man without a car.  You can't really get around in my area without one.  And I'm too old and fat to sit on the handlebars of your Shwinn.

Christenrenee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My bf didn't have a car when we started dating. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)