• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh no! its lingerie!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this
Reading that post about the aunt getting her niece a training bra for Christmas or whatever and reading all the comments from some people saying how no one wants to open that in front of everyone and how getting lingerie is inappropriate, etc. It made me think of my family. My grandma used to get everyone underwear and socks every year when I was little and all of us loved showing what we got, especially us little kids, we loved comparing the patterns. It was all in good fun. I also thought about how if anyone got someone some really sexy lingerie it would be hilarious! We would all be laughing and I guarantee my uncle would "try it on" asking if it looks good on him.

I guess my family isn't so uptight about things :) plus we like a good laugh. We always make sick jokes too...if that makes us wrong, I dont want to be right! I love how my family is so open.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Christenrenee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Theres some extremely uptight people on this forum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Clearly lol. Or the ones who say underwear shouldn't be a gift since its a necessity... Well damn i like underwear and I appreciate clothes, underwear, body wash, etc. As gifts because that's what I love and ill actually use it too

Quoting Christenrenee:

Christenrenee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I think things you need are great gifts.  Maybe not for really small children.

Quoting Anonymous: Clearly lol. Or the ones who say underwear shouldn't be a gift since its a necessity... Well damn i like underwear and I appreciate clothes, underwear, body wash, etc. As gifts because that's what I love and ill actually use it too

Quoting Christenrenee:

baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I've gotten lingerie for Xmas before :-) I was 22
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM

lol. I bought my sil a sexy mrs. claus lingerie outfit one year. lol. They got me a pack of condoms. (it was 3 months after we had the twins. haha) We always do stuff like that. We were going to get my 15 year old sister a dildo for Christmas, but she would be too embarassed. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Apparently you have forgotten what it is like to be an 11 year old girl. Most would be very embarrassed to open a bra in front of Uncle Frank. It has nothing to do with being uptight and everything to do with embarrassing a little girl who is on a hormonal roller coaster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I wasnt talking about the girl if you read my entire post. I was making a comment about comments on that post about how underwear shouldn't be gifts, and this one woman was saying her mil bought her a bunch of sexy underwear for Christmas one year and how it was inappropriate, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: Apparently you have forgotten what it is like to be an 11 year old girl. Most would be very embarrassed to open a bra in front of Uncle Frank. It has nothing to do with being uptight and everything to do with embarrassing a little girl who is on a hormonal roller coaster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
You stated that the kids in your family enjoyed showing off their underwear. Read your own post.

Quoting Anonymous: I wasnt talking about the girl if you read my entire post. I was making a comment about comments on that post about how underwear shouldn't be gifts, and this one woman was saying her mil bought her a bunch of sexy underwear for Christmas one year and how it was inappropriate, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: Apparently you have forgotten what it is like to be an 11 year old girl. Most would be very embarrassed to open a bra in front of Uncle Frank. It has nothing to do with being uptight and everything to do with embarrassing a little girl who is on a hormonal roller coaster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Did I say anything about bras? No. I guess I should've specified panties.
Quoting Anonymous: You stated that the kids in your family enjoyed showing off their underwear. Read your own post.

Quoting Anonymous: I wasnt talking about the girl if you read my entire post. I was making a comment about comments on that post about how underwear shouldn't be gifts, and this one woman was saying her mil bought her a bunch of sexy underwear for Christmas one year and how it was inappropriate, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)