Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He won't eat his corndog if its "cracked".

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My four year old son has always been emotionally sensitive but today takes the cake. He threw a fit because I made him a corn dog and it had a crack in it after being cooked and wouldn't eat it for anything.

What in the world!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoftwinkies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
My 7 year old did that when he was little. I was so thankful he outgrew it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Gah!!! Can't wait.. he Will freak out if he suspects anyone is merely speaking about him. Even if its good stuff. He doesn't like attention. He's never shown any sensory issues with food before until now.

Quoting Momoftwinkies: My 7 year old did that when he was little. I was so thankful he outgrew it.
Momoftwinkies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I figured mine was OCD. He would freak out if you put his blankets on wrong or if you took his kids meal out of the box in the wrong order. He outgrew most of it.

Quoting Anonymous: Gah!!! Can't wait.. he Will freak out if he suspects anyone is merely speaking about him. Even if its good stuff. He doesn't like attention. He's never shown any sensory issues with food before until now.

Quoting Momoftwinkies: My 7 year old did that when he was little. I was so thankful he outgrew it.
bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
My great nephew went through that stage. Thankfully pretty quickly. He wouldn't eat a cupcake once because it was broken lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds a lot like my son. I had issues with having my hair brushed and shoes as a child. He has issues with shoes too "being too tight" now. I grew out of it too. Thanks for making me feel better. :)

Quoting Momoftwinkies: I figured mine was OCD. He would freak out if you put his blankets on wrong or if you took his kids meal out of the box in the wrong order. He outgrew most of it.

Quoting Anonymous: Gah!!! Can't wait.. he Will freak out if he suspects anyone is merely speaking about him. Even if its good stuff. He doesn't like attention. He's never shown any sensory issues with food before until now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Hahahhaha okay good. I'm not alone!!

Quoting bleumonster: My great nephew went through that stage. Thankfully pretty quickly. He wouldn't eat a cupcake once because it was broken lol.
Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I know how you feel. I do have a child that truely has ocd so I deal with many strange behaviors often lol. new ones pop up here and there which can cause a melt down. others im aware of and will avoide like the plague.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Awww. :)

Quoting Decemberlov: I know how you feel. I do have a child that truely has ocd so I deal with many strange behaviors often lol. new ones pop up here and there which can cause a melt down. others im aware of and will avoide like the plague.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Awww. :)

Quoting Decemberlov: I know how you feel. I do have a child that truely has ocd so I deal with many strange behaviors often lol. new ones pop up here and there which can cause a melt down. others im aware of and will avoide like the plague.
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I wouldn't eat it either, even without a crack.  My nephew is the same way so I get it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)