• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

explained AF to my DS

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
Well I kind of did. AF is paying me a visit right now so I asked my DS(8) to run down stairs and get me a pad, cus my dumbass forgot to bring some upstairs. Anyway he asked me why I need them. So I gave him a basic explanation of what it is and why it happens(not any gory details lol) Have any of your kids asked about it yet. I have 1DS and 4DD's. They all know about it and what pads are. Have you explained AF to any of your kids yet. I think it is good for my son to know at least a little about what happens to girls. I dated a guy once who knew NOTHING about girls and it was so annoying to have to explain shit to a grown ass man! After I told my son about it, as he walking away he says "I am SO glad I never have to deal with that!" Lmao typical boy haha
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jupiter5
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM
What is that
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
When my dd started, my ds was incredibly confused by her mood swings and so I filled him in. He was 6 or 7. He was a bit horrified! Now he just says, " get the girl some M&Ms, STAT!"
JackieGirl007
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya my boys know. Between the 3 sisters and myself, they learned early, lol.

My ds said once, "I'm so glad I'm not a girl. You have to poop babies out your butt and get holes in your ears!"

and dd replied, "Ya, and if you want a baby, all you have to do is get a wife!"

mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Aunt flow. Periods

Quoting jupiter5: What is that
boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I have two sons.  I never explained it to them in detail... but DH told them when they were young that when Mommy is cranky it is a lady thing that happens once a month and she can't really help it.  He told them to give me chocolate!      Imagine my surprise when I scolded my son and he handed me a tootsie roll!

CrossStitchMum
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Lol!!

Quoting Leissaintexas: When my dd started, my ds was incredibly confused by her mood swings and so I filled him in. He was 6 or 7. He was a bit horrified! Now he just says, " get the girl some M&Ms, STAT!"
mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Lmao that is awesome

Quoting Leissaintexas: When my dd started, my ds was incredibly confused by her mood swings and so I filled him in. He was 6 or 7. He was a bit horrified! Now he just says, " get the girl some M&Ms, STAT!"
mommieof1b4g
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Lmao oh wow

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I have two sons.  I never explained it to them in detail... but DH told them when they were young that when Mommy is cranky it is a lady thing that happens once a month and she can't really help it.  He told them to give me chocolate!      Imagine my surprise when I scolded my son and he handed me a tootsie roll!

GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We never hid such things from our son when he was young and just explained things as he questioned. He understood and accepted menstruation as fairly straightforward biology.
boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Quoting mommieof1b4g: Lmao oh wow

Quoting boys2men2soon:

It is a win-win!   Whenever I am PMSing  (or just cranky)...  my guys bring me chocolate.   My mood improves immediately, mainly because of their thoughtfulness.... but Hey, the chocolate helps, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)