Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 16 year old's Birthday Gift...too much or just right?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 94 Replies

Poll

Question: Is this car too much for a teenage girl?

Options:

No

Yes

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

So my oldest DD will be 16 in January. She is going to be getting her license. She has had her permit for 6 months, has taken and passed driver's ed and is very responsible and respectful. This child never causes me a moment of worry or concern. As a reward for her good behaviour I bought her a car. My parents and other family members disagree with me on the type of car however I got a good deal and she wants it...what do you think?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
7 moms liked this
Nothing wrong with good ole American muscle lol. Easy to fix, built like a tank, and fun to drive! Now I miss my GTO :(
baquick
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I love it. It's a classic. MAke sure she treats it that way!

And the boys will be all over her!
andersongirl562
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM

This was my though as well...older cars were built like tanks so she isnt as likely to get hurt in an accident. 

Quoting Anonymous: Nothing wrong with good ole American muscle lol. Easy to fix, built like a tank, and fun to drive! Now I miss my GTO :(

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
4 moms liked this

You do know that with her age and the fact that this is considered a muscle or a race  type car your insurance for her is going to be through the roof!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
If she deserves it and she's responsible then what's the issue? Tell everyone else to shove it.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Erhm. Too much. . .you can send it to me instead ;)

southern.momof2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm jealous!!
andersongirl562
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I saw it and thought for sure she would hate it...as soon as I showed her the pictures her eyes lit up and she said " Yes Mom Yes please?!"

Quoting baquick: Personally I love it. It's a classic. MAke sure she treats it that way!

And the boys will be all over her!

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it!!! Plus it's metal can't go wrong with metal. My friend got in a bad accident she has one similar her car survived the Prius didn't
Sweetest_Britt
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much! Better drive it to my house and we'll keep it till she's old enough! Ignore the mileage when you get it back...you know how those old cars are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)