Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any homeschoolers from California?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
We'll be moving back to Cali (my home state) soon and I want to homeschool my 2nd grader and kindergartener for the remainder of the school year. We'll have to move in with my dad for a short time but end up getting a house a few cities over. I want to avoid enrolling my kids in school near my dad just to then have to change schools once again when we get a house. I think it would be easier just to finish the year myself at home. My question is where do I start? Can I just unenroll them from the school here and homeschool them or do I need to report it once back in CA? Sorry if this is confusing. Since they will be going to school the next school year I just want to make sure they legally finish the grades they're in. Does that make sense? Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
You need to Google HomeSchool Legal Defense and click on the state laws for California. Also check in with the homeschooling mom group on CM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Leissaintexas: You need to Google HomeSchool Legal Defense and click on the state laws for California. Also check in with the homeschooling mom group on CM.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Oh, and the ladies over at Homeschooling Moms are very knowledgeable and helpful. We've all been newbies before and have answered any question you could possibly have. Its a great group of ladiesxover there.
Quoting Anonymous: Thank you!

Quoting Leissaintexas: You need to Google HomeSchool Legal Defense and click on the state laws for California. Also check in with the homeschooling mom group on CM.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)