• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do you let your toddler alone for?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Not home alone, but in their room or another room where you can't see them? How long before you check on them?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I tend to check on her every 15-20 mins if alone, but if she's with her brother maybe every 30-hr... He's six and he'll let me know if something is up.
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Depends on the kid.....some kids are more prone to look for trouble than others and it also depends if you are talking about a one year old or a two year old.

BrooklynsMom11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
About every 10-15 depending on where she is. A bit longer if she is in her room. She likes to be alone when she's pooping. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Oh geeze, I couldn't get 15 minutes out of him without him coming out and needing something. I usually check every 5 minutes. That's nice she has a good big brother, and you have a good helper:)

Quoting MistyMoo: I tend to check on her every 15-20 mins if alone, but if she's with her brother maybe every 30-hr... He's six and he'll let me know if something is up.
inspain
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM

LOL, never.  She's 14 months and, in the 30 seconds she vanished from my sight while rounding the corner into the garden this morning, she managed to pick up my sandals and drop them into the dog's water bowl and grab a handful of gravel from a potted plant and drop it all just inside the dining room door.  

DD1 was fine, alone, for rather long stretches (10 or 15 minutes), DD2 is the Terror of Tiny Town and not safe alone.

teddysmama09
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Depends on if I can hear her. Usually she talks or sings so I just let her be, but if she's quiet I know she's up to no good and I check on her right away. Lol

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Video monitor:) Then you'll know exactly what's happening.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

SerenityBerry
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Maybe 5 minutes, tops. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Depends. If I hear her playing I know she's fine. If 20 minutes or more of silence go by, I must check . But she can only be in the living room, play area, her room or dining room and there's nothing she can really hurt. But if she's silent, I'm suspicious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
She's pet food on her own, but for the most part she's like your son, unless her brother is with her. They have different father's so when he goes to see his dad she's pretty well glued to me and then glued to dh when he comes home lol

Quoting Anonymous: Oh geeze, I couldn't get 15 minutes out of him without him coming out and needing something. I usually check every 5 minutes. That's nice she has a good big brother, and you have a good helper:)

Quoting MistyMoo: I tend to check on her every 15-20 mins if alone, but if she's with her brother maybe every 30-hr... He's six and he'll let me know if something is up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)