Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad time to get rid of the baby bottle?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Throw the bottles out now or later?

Options:

Throw the bottles out on the same day that he moves into his new room.

Wait until he has adjusted to sleeping in a new room.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Right now my little guy shares a room with his sisters.  We are in the process of emptying the room we have used as an office for the past 10+ years to make it into his room.  It should be ready by the day after tomorrow.  He is over a year old but still takes a bottle to bed.  Gasp!  The horror!  I know, I know, he shouldn't take a bottle to bed and he shouldn't still have a bottle past a year old.  But he does. 

So here's the thing.  I'm thinking about throwing out the bottles the same day he moves into his new room.  Would that be too much change at one time for a toddler?  Or should I wait until he has adjusted to sleeping in his own room before throwing out the bottles?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Hmmm idk on this one. DD switched into her new room and got her bottles taken away all ay the same time with no issue. She's never wanted her bottles or had any issues transitioning. I took them away cold turkey on her first birthday.
isaiahsmom321
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Bump I don't know. I guess do it at the same time. Its going to be long nights for you so maybe doing it together and hope for a good night rest next week? Best of luck. With my son I replaced his bedtime bottle with a water sippycup. Maybe not the best idea but I was a tired momma back then and the work day started early.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM

BUMP!

JealousGrrl
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I'd say do it at the same time. When we moved into a new apartment that is the same time we moved her into her own room. It was seamless. A change is put to better use if you can get a few in at the same time.
Franbuessa
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My 4 yr olds still have a bottle before bed, oh wait, so does my 5yr old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I think doing it together would be fine. He gets a new big boy room and a new big boy routine
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)