Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sacrifice

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am not usually a complainer but I am having a bad day and I really need to vent so please forgive me.

I am so sick of always being the one to sacrifice.......

I do not want to stay home on New Year's Eve. I want to do the expensive family fun night at our local hotel.

I do not want to celebrate Valentine's Day on another weekend bc the real weekend interferes with my husband's bowling schedule. I want to go to the comedy club on Valentine's Day and use our FREE points to spend the night at a hotel in the city.

I don't want to always put back the perfume and just buy the lotion at Bath and Body Works.

I do not want to share a room and bathroom with 9 other women at my scrapbook retreat so I can save money. I want to spend a little more money and only share a room with one of my closest friends or just be alone. 

I do not want to be the only person who doesn't buy a 31 bag at the scrapbook retreat. I love 31 bags!

I don't want to be the only scrapbooker who doesn't shop at the onsite store. I love the Cranberry Cat. 

I don't want to pack my lunch instead of going out to eat with the girls. I like to eat out.

I don't want to settle for making my own look alike scrapbook layout when the $8 kit is so adorable. I want the kit.

I am just so sick of settling. When do I get to be selfish? When will I not feel guilty for wanting more?

I know, I know, I should just be happy for all the things I do get to do and all the wonderful things in my life. Because there are soo many, don't get me wrong. But sometimes, on nights like this all I can think about is what I can't have and it just doesn't seem fair. 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sj218
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Isn't there any way to compromise? You shouldn't always have to go without. We all sacrifice, but it sounds like it's time to make YOU a priority.
RedMatador09
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Do you have it in your budget to set up a monthly spending allowance so you can buy things and plan for little trips and be guilt free?  

Kcdavis11
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I do. I get $50 a month. And I appreciate that. I'm lucky I even get to scrapbook. I was just in a boo hoo mood last night. Thanks for listening.

Quoting RedMatador09:

Do you have it in your budget to set up a monthly spending allowance so you can buy things and plan for little trips and be guilt free?  

Kcdavis11
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM

We'll I think those are the compromises. I don't get everything I want but I do get part of it. I think my problem is my friends have more money than us. Maybe I just need less fortunate friends. Lol.

Quoting Sj218: Isn't there any way to compromise? You shouldn't always have to go without. We all sacrifice, but it sounds like it's time to make YOU a priority.

mjgm1966
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Sometimes, you gotta go the extra mile for yourself.  Make yourself feel good for a change and DO NOT feel guilty about it.  I promise you,  it will all be ok.  The world will not stop spinning... :)

RedMatador09
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Maybe you need a little more if possible. I can understand the boo hoo mood, I am guilty of them occasionally.

Quoting Kcdavis11:

I do. I get $50 a month. And I appreciate that. I'm lucky I even get to scrapbook. I was just in a boo hoo mood last night. Thanks for listening.

Quoting RedMatador09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)