Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctor told me to give my 7yr old coffee

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies

Anyone ever hear of this?  He's very hyper. He barely eats sweets.  In fact, I have a hard time getting him to eat some days at all.  Soda is not a problem because I just don't drink it and don't buy any.  He does drink Juicey-Juice, milk, water and Cran-Apple juice.  

He's bouncing, flipping and running from morning to night it seems.  He has plenty of toys, board games, puzzles, a DS, books, footballs...everything a child should have for a nicely-rounded development.  All he does is jump!!!  

Craziest of all?  He's a lamb in school.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbutterfly666
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
8 moms liked this

yep caffeine sometimes calms hyper kids down

if i drink coffee or energy drinks i get extremely tired...i have adhd though.....

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
6 moms liked this
Kids with ADHD may have opposite reactions. Benadryl makes my son hyper, coffee calms him down. It's work a shot, if it doesn't work, don't do it again.
codfish
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, this is the cure parents always used before the days of Ritalin.

My niece was always given tea and my uncle keeps moutain dew near by. Md actually has more caffeine then coffee
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids are hyper as shit. I'm convinced they'll spontaneously combust if they stay still longer than 10 seconds. Lol
mo3giOH

My MIL tells me all the time that they gave my DH chocolate to calme him down. I never heard of that before until she told me that.

LukaMom
My friends doc said the same thing
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I give my ds coffee while he's doing school. It helps him stay on task. But your boy sounds like a normal boy. Boys are supposed to be like that.
WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My cousin was prescribed coffee to curb her hyper behavior when she was younger too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
First, sugar does NOT make a child hyper. It's been proven.

Second, about 4 ounces of straight, string black coffee will calm a child with ADHD down. My son has ADHD and an AMP calms him. He can drink one and go to sleep. He's almost 17 so I don't recommend it for a 7 year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I've heard coffee or diet cola calms hyper kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)