Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A man bought my dd a balloon

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 35 Replies

We were in the dollar store and she loves balloons but it just silly to buy it for no reason so I said no and then later on we made our rounds and this man just came up to us and said let her pick one out I already paid for it. I was like ok. I was going to buy it for her anyways but that was really nice. 

Anyone do this for you or your child? I moved to a very small town and I am  just not use to this kind of things, 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM

That was very nice.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That isn't too uncommon, especially in small towns.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I'm from a big city, that kinda of thing doesn't happen.  I would not have accepted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Why not ?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm from a big city, that kinda of thing doesn't happen.  I would not have accepted.

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I live in Nebraska and in some areas/small towns people are just very friendly like that.  I would see no harm in it.

libramoon007
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am from a big city originally and I would be a little eerie but since I have moved because it is such a small town people do very different things. I am trying get use to it. Why wouldn't you have accepted? I kind of know because large cities are so different from small towns. 

Quoting Anonymous:

jaycam
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I did it on Valentine's day. I was at the store get some for my kids and some other things and the little girl at the check out in front of me she must have been 2  had the sweetest little face and the biggest smile when she was looking at them so when I was checking out I gave the little girl one. there also use to be a old man that whenever he seen my kids he would give them a dollar. He was the sweetest old man. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Because I wouldn't feel comfortable with it.  It's an odd thing to do.  I would just say "no thank you" and hurry along.

Quoting Anonymous: Why not ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
You need to accept that not everyone that shows kindness to your child has ill intentions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I wouldn't feel comfortable with it.  It's an odd thing to do.  I would just say "no thank you" and hurry along.

Quoting Anonymous:

libramoon007
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM

At first I wasn't going to accept it but these things have happen in the past and because I moved it happened more often. First time someone buying something for her but when she was a baby I had someone give me money because she was so cute ect. Different small town. Older people do these things. Oh yeah these are older people not young people thst do this. Maybe it is also a generational thing also. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)