Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton hicks?? Twin mamas!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So I'm 24 weeks pregnant with twins and all day I've had contractions off and on. The last hour or so they've been constant with cramping and lots of movement from the babies. I've been drinking tons of water thinking I'm dehydrated but still happening.

I know Braxton hicks are normal but I never felt them like this with my first two singleton pregnancies. Normal right twin mamas?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Bump please!
bjane01
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM
It is normal but keep an eye on it. I went into labor with my twins at 29 weeks. I was in the hospital for 5 days to stop labor! Then had them at 34 weeks.

Single pregnancies are different than twins babies. They seem to want to come out sooner. My single pregnancies were all normal time.
Momoftwinkies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I am no help. I didn't realize I was in active labor with my twins. I was in constant pain and didn't put it together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! I just don't want to panic and go in for nothing and get laughed at by the nurses lol keeping an eye but still happening ugh. Everything's been fine and perfect till now

Quoting bjane01: It is normal but keep an eye on it. I went into labor with my twins at 29 weeks. I was in the hospital for 5 days to stop labor! Then had them at 34 weeks.

Single pregnancies are different than twins babies. They seem to want to come out sooner. My single pregnancies were all normal time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Eeek! How far along were you? Everyone ok?

Quoting Momoftwinkies: I am no help. I didn't realize I was in active labor with my twins. I was in constant pain and didn't put it together.
CuriousArentYa
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I am no help either. I had no clue I was in labor. I made it to week 27. I was at the doctor and sent me to the L&D. I stayed in so much pain with the twins, so I didn't notice anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Because you're having twins I would check in with your doctor. Twin pregnancies are different than singleton pregnancies and preterm labor is an issue with twin pregnancies. Better safe than sorry especially with twins. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous: So I'm 24 weeks pregnant with twins and all day I've had contractions off and on. The last hour or so they've been constant with cramping and lots of movement from the babies. I've been drinking tons of water thinking I'm dehydrated but still happening.

I know Braxton hicks are normal but I never felt them like this with my first two singleton pregnancies. Normal right twin mamas?
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Time your contractions and if they're coming normally every ______however many minutes call the ob. I think the rule is 5 contractions every hour is considered early labor.

My water broke with my twins at 33 weeks. But I'm pretty sure the above is the "rule"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM

i had the same thing with my twins and i ended up going in to labor at 29 and 32 weeks and then i had them at 34 weeks. but i would keep an eye on it.

Willis_Mommie
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Call the doc.... I started at 24 weeks with preterm labor with my twins... got the steroids at 29 weeks had them at 31.... most all mine was in my back... I stared bed rest at 16 weeks... my twins gave me hell while I was pregnant with them..my singles were easy

But for real call your doc...He may have you go in cause you are having twins

Good luck momma and please update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)