• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you consider me a bad mom for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

My ex husband decided to keep our kids from me for a week against our CO but I couldnt do anything about it because the police say its a civil matter or whatever and I no longer have a lawyer. They will be coming home tomorrow at 5pm. My SO and I were planning on going to a new years eve party tomorrow night and my kids were suppose to stay with my grandparents. I dont want to have them spend the night there now since I went so long without them but I was thinking my grandparents could come to my house and sit while the kids slept. They can eat, watch tv and play with my 11 month old that doesnt like to sleep at night. I feel bad that I want to go but its the only time of the year that I get to go out and drink and have a good time. I always choose to stay home when our friends have a party. I feel bad because I just went an entire week without my kids (i had the 11 month old with me) So would you think I was a bad mom if I went out after my kids were in bed and asleep for just a few hours? I will not be drinking since I will be coming home to them. I'm a stay at home mom to a 4, 3, 2 and 11 month old if that makes any difference lol

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
No. If they are asleep they won't notice. I would go.
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Go have fun. They're sleeping!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex husband decided to keep our kids from me for a week against our CO but I couldnt do anything about it because the police say its a civil matter or whatever and I no longer have a lawyer. They will be coming home tomorrow at 5pm. My SO and I were planning on going to a new years eve party tomorrow night and my kids were suppose to stay with my grandparents. I dont want to have them spend the night there now since I went so long without them but I was thinking my grandparents could come to my house and sit while the kids slept. They can eat, watch tv and play with my 11 month old that doesnt like to sleep at night. I feel bad that I want to go but its the only time of the year that I get to go out and drink and have a good time. I always choose to stay home when our friends have a party. I feel bad because I just went an entire week without my kids (i had the 11 month old with me) So would you think I was a bad mom if I went out after my kids were in bed and asleep for just a few hours? I will not be drinking since I will be coming home to them. I'm a stay at home mom to a 4, 3, 2 and 11 month old if that makes any difference lol

Huh??

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Nope, go have some fun mama!  :)

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I don't think you're a bad mom for this one thing.

But personally I wouldn't.

I always prefer to spend NYE with my son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Not at all!  They won't know or care who watches them while they're sleeping so go have fun!  Sorry they were kept from you though.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

No.  Go out and have some fun.  You need to recharge yourself and one night, for a few hours, won't hurt them. Have fun!

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM
No I don't think that makes you a bad Mom.

But aren't there other times when your ex has the kids that you could go out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

If your ex didn't give them back when he was supposed to how do you know he is going to give them back tomorrow?  I kind of think you're a bad mom for not going out and getting a lawyer!

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
If that was me I would stay home and I'm a pretty relaxed mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)