Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update on page 6...toddlers sharing bedroom tips please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
my 3yo ds and 2yo dd shares bedroom amd putting them to sleep is a pain in the ass. i used to stay in their room til they fall asleep but they wake up in the middle of the night and then go to our room and wont go back to sleep unless i go back to their room.
its night 3, we put them to bed at 7:30 and just did our night routine..wash up, storytime, song and then i turn off their light and leave their room.
they are still awake, playing and has gone out of the room multiple times. we had to go check on them also cause theyre jumping on their bed and turning the lights on and off.
im at my wits end.but the good thing is they dont wake up in the middle of the night since we started the new routine but they fall asleep really late..around 10 pm.
ds will stary pre-k next sch.yr and i want him to get used to sleeping early cause school starts early too..
any tips?!!! no bashing please.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM
bump... its 9pm already and theyre still up.
Anonymous
bumping for tips from moms who has been there..
Anonymous
bumping for tips from moms who has been there..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM
help?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM
b
Anonymous
u
Anonymous
m
Anonymous
p
Franbuessa
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
When my boys were toddlers I had them all in the same room. First off, after placing them in bed, I would sit by the door and have zero interactions with them. If they got up I quietly put them back, then I learned that that didn't always worked so I started turning off every light in the house I'm talking complete darkness and if they got out of bed I just walk them right back, till they stayed and fell asleep. I do early bedtime 730 but they're asleep before 8, no naps during the day but if it's a must I don't let them sleep past 12pm. Now they're a little older 7,5 and4 and they go to bed with no prob it just takes some getting use to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Put the younger one (or the loudest one) to bed first. Then after number 1 is asleep lay down number 2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)