Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a miscarriage and my employer is cutting my hours because of it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I called of Xmas because I was having a miscarriage. Well now my employer has drastically cut my hours. I was only part time. I worked about 3 days a week. Now I am working for the month of jan 2 days every other week (only every other weekend). Would I qualify for unemployment. I live in ohio btw
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Bump
JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Not a clue google it.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
No, you are not unemployed
emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM

He cut your hours because he's trying to get rid of you.  Experience tells me that, although you have a good excuse, it was probably the final straw.  Start looking for another job. I don't know about collecting unemployment on part-time hours.  Worth a shot I guess.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
If you had been full time and had your hours cut that much, I'm sure you would qualify. Since you are parttime, I'm going to have to say I don't know but it's worth checking into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM

You can collect unemployment if your hours are cut drastically. But I'm not sure what would be to gain if she was only part-time anyways.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: No, you are not unemployed

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Quoting emandab:

You can collect unemployment if your hours are cut drastically. But I'm not sure what would be to gain if she was only part-time anyways.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: No, you are not unemployed

What you are talking about is called underemployment, not unemployment

Torihoney5njn
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I am not certain but I have heard you can get edd support for being under employed. You should contact the office.

You should also tell your employer what happened and provide a medical note if you have one. They are punishing you with the schedule and that is really crappy but they probably feel like you screwed them by calling off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
This is the first time I have ever called off and I have never received a write up since working here

Quoting emandab:

He cut your hours because he's trying to get rid of you.  Experience tells me that, although you have a good excuse, it was probably the final straw.  Start looking for another job. I don't know about collecting unemployment on part-time hours.  Worth a shot I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Find another job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)