Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Birthday present from Walmart

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 869 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today was SO's bday. I got him a 25$ gift card to dominos and 50$ worth of clothes from Walmart. A navy sweatshirt, a gray long sleeve, a Ed hardy tshirt, pj pants, and a pair of jeans. He's been saying how badly he needed clothes too! 

When he opened the clothes he was mad and said " I'm not wearing this crap! It's cheap." He says he isn't wearing any clothes that aren't name brand. 

Would you be happy with clothes from Walmart? Or would you refuse to use them?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM
12 moms liked this
It depends but I wouldn't fuss about it. I'll return the items and choose something I like or use it for grocery. Just my options but I don't really care about the brand as long it looks nice and pretty.
sara82lee
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
10 moms liked this
He sounds high maintenance :(

I don't go back to school shopping for the kiddos at Walmart, but I don't see anything wrong with things like pjs and jeans from there.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
90 moms liked this
Tell him to kiss your ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
22 moms liked this
I'm broke all them time. Only have 3 pairs of jeans n three pairs shorts n one gym pants. Send the clothes to me I'll wear them
opal10161973
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
130 moms liked this

Maybe you need a new SO.  You know, one who is thankful that you bought him a gift and doesn't act like an ass.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM
27 moms liked this
What an ass. Return and get yourself something. How old is he? Yes I'd wear stuff from Walmart, but their jeans don't fit me. I get tops there occasionally and some lingerie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM
17 moms liked this

I'd be happy someone got me a gift! How rude of your SO.

JamieBue38
by Jamie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM
7 moms liked this

damn. I would wear it if it looked good on me. I *like* name brands but I don't refuse to wear other clothes. Some name brands are poor quality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Right now he's wearing clothes his friend gave him so the fact he is complaining about brand new clothes is just  really bothering me!

Quoting sara82lee: He sounds high maintenance :(

I don't go back to school shopping for the kiddos at Walmart, but I don't see anything wrong with things like pjs and jeans from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't know. I buy clothes from Walmart all of the time...and not because I have to. They usually have a couple cute things when new stuff comes out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)