• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's leaving me! I can't believe he's actually going to do this! *SOBS* UPDATE-01-03 in red

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 95 Replies

My 20 year old son, that is. He's moving this Thursday, from our home in Texas to South Carolina, where his fiancee already is. She's from there, but they met here. She'd been staying with us for awhile, but her grandma got sick, so she flew on back early. He is going with 5 of his friends, who are also moving there, and taking his and df's puppy. He and his friends are renting a U-Haul for all their stuff. Should be an interesting trip. Not sure how they will all fit, but I guess they've got it worked out. Momma's sad, though. He's my baby! I know we raise our kids to eventually go out into the world and make their way, it's just sad to see him leave. Everytime I think about it, I start crying. I know he's not moving to Siberia, but he's still not gonna be here! LOL. My 2 other kids both still live in the same town as us, so he's gonna be the first to be so far away. Oh well, I know he'll do great, he's very ambitious, smart, and has a good head on his shoulders, so does his DF. So, please tell me he's gonna be ok without us! LOL.

01-03

So, my son just called me. They left yesterday morning from here, and are now in New Orleans. He said they are pretty much ahead of the snow storm, I hope and pray it stays that way. His friend made a video and posted it on FB earlier, while he was asleep in the back of the truck. He said they'd make another one when they cross the Mississippi River, and he' be sure to say "hi mom!" LOL. It did me a lot of good to hear his voice, and know he's ok. Plus, he's getting to see a lot of the country this way. Just thought I'd update.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM

B

cbk_mom3

U

cbk_mom3

M

cbk_mom3

P

SavdNSanctified
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, I DREAD this day with my kids. I will be a wreck. I'll be the crazy mom holding on to my kid's ankles as he/she tries to leave. LOL. I hope all my kids stay close by us.

cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SavdNSanctified:

Oh man, I DREAD this day with my kids. I will be a wreck. I'll be the crazy mom holding on to my kid's ankles as he/she tries to leave. LOL. I hope all my kids stay close by us.

I'm afraid I'm gonna be that way with him. I've known this day was coming, but a momma is never prepared to see her baby leave! 

KrissyKC
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Sending you hugs.
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Where in South Carolina. That's my state!
cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Quoting KrissyKC: Sending you hugs.

Thanks. Once I sit down and have a good cry after he's gone, I should be ok. Thankful for Skype!

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I know how you feel I about had a heart attack when my son lived in Africa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)