• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Steal from me and I will disown you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Some people that I thought were close to me are learning this the hard way right now. They stole items from me that had a lot of personal value to me. Of course they don't understand why I am disowning them. They don't get that they completely destroyed every once of trust I had in them, and I don't want people who can steal from me around my family. I'm broken hearted and crushed. These items can never be replaced and I know I will never get them back unless I take the matter to court which will cost more than the items are worth moneterialy (I knownI probably spelled that wrong). They tore my heart out by doing this and all they care about is themselves. I don't want or need people like that around myself or my family.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Hugs hun had to do the same thing for the same reason. It's not always easy but it is what's best
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
It broke my heart in so many ways. Of course I am the one in the wrong and horrible for cutting them out and it's all my fault.

Quoting Anonymous: Hugs hun had to do the same thing for the same reason. It's not always easy but it is what's best
stormy0142
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
That's how we do it in my family but there is ususlly no personal anguish over cutting them out. But then again we are Sicilian so not the best bench mark for functional families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Lol. I thought they were people that I could trust and count on. Turns out I was very wrong.

Quoting stormy0142: That's how we do it in my family but there is ususlly no personal anguish over cutting them out. But then again we are Sicilian so not the best bench mark for functional families.
Tatiana7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Hugs. It's so heartbreaking.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Wow. Hugs, I'm sorry. Who took what?

stormy0142
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Did they at least offer to return the items? If not, then they don't deserve you. You don't steal and hurt family.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. I thought they were people that I could trust and count on. Turns out I was very wrong.

Quoting stormy0142: That's how we do it in my family but there is ususlly no personal anguish over cutting them out. But then again we are Sicilian so not the best bench mark for functional families.
mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

my brother stole $100 from me when him and his gf visited a couple of years ago...my oldest DS was one at the time and it was my grocery money for the week. i was crushed! i havent spoken to him in a while. my mom came and helped when my 9 mth old DS was born and asked if my bro could come pick his son up from my house (she had temp custody of him at the time) and i told her no i didn't want him knowing where i live now. maybe that's wrong but he's a pill head and on roxy's really bad....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Instead of disowning them, how about ask them for the items back and if they don't return them take them to court.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Taking someone to small claims court is not expensive and you represent yourself.  Alternatively, you could go to the police about the theft and let the city prosecute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)