Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it really that big of a deal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
My husbands work union had a Christmas party a few wks ago. It was boring but another post made me think about it.
It was at the union hall which is located in a sketchy area. This lady we will call her Shorty and this guy we will call him big Mac. The two of them were setting at our table talking the other ladies said they were good friend but both married to different people. Neither spouse was there for whatever reason though.

Shorty was getting ready to leave and asked big mac top walk her to her car. To my surprise he said no. She begged him and he kept insisting no. Just as I was about to nudge dh to offer (like I said sketchy area.) She got up and knocked her drink in his lap then left. The rest of the ladies were nagging at big mac and all he said was "We aren't that close and my wife would be mad if she found out."
Before I could respond dh said "u just said u were friends and if my wife wasn't here I would have walked her to her car, it's the gentleman thing to do but I figured she would have felt more comfortable with a man she knew and her husband would have been grateful she was safe."
I sat back thought a min and told my husband in front of the ladies and big mac that i was just about to nudge him to offer because it was the right thing to do.
Big mac said "that's the difference between white woman and black woman my wife would have jumped my bones for even thinking about it."
I said "no that's the difference in a persons security. My husband knows right from wrong and I know he doesn't need me to be there to make the right choice. Its just walking a lady to her car so she doesn't get mugged or something not like you're being asked to spend the night at a hotel with her."
he told me I wouldn't understand.

Sorry I honestly don't remember their names. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Bump
CorbinsMumma
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Shorty and big Mac took my attention away from the post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
What names should I have picked?

Quoting CorbinsMumma: Shorty and big Mac took my attention away from the post.
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm hungry now...

Quoting CorbinsMumma: Shorty and big Mac took my attention away from the post.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Wow. I've never been to a Union event like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've said it once and I'll say it again; bitches be crazy! Has nothing to do with trust. Your DH walks her out to the car, she's a bit drunk, tries to kiss him, he pushes her away, suddenly the story is that he tried to rape her. No way is my dh walking anybody to their car at night, unless there are witnesses!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Sounds like big mac's girlfriend/wife is a jealous psycho. lol

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM
4 moms liked this
Ordinarily I'd say he's an ass for not walking her to her car but the fact that she reacted by knocking a drink in his lap makes me wonder if there's more to this than you may know.
hautemama83
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking there's way more to the story between them, and you and your dh should've stayed out of it.
RedMatador09
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM

This exactly.

Quoting hautemama83: I'm thinking there's way more to the story between them, and you and your dh should've stayed out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)