Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need serious advice- UPDATED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My son had bowel issues when he was younger. Mysteriously, after his father disappeared in August 2012, they stopped. He was going regularly, wasn't going in his pants and wasn't holding it.
Well, his father showed back up in August and the courts granted him access again. Since then my son has started having accidents again (he is almost 8). Tonight he told me that he is afraid his father will hurt him when they are alone. He won't elaborate on anything, but there is a history of abuse with his father (I have fought in the courts for supervised access but without CPS on my side nothing is coming of it).
Should I be calling CPS in the morning to come talk to him or should I bring him to my lawyer? He was SUPPOSED to be getting his own lawyer but we haven't heard anything about it since my lawyer submitted the papers.

Update- I called CPS and a worker came and spoke with him. She was really great and told me to not push him for answers since if anything comes of this that me pushing would look bad in court. She didn't really get any straight answers from my son. One reason was about his lip (back a month or so ago DS came home with a fat lip and I got the same story from DS, his paternal grandma and his father about it being an accident) and a few other reasons.
She is going to come back in a week to speak with him again and said in the meantime to not talk about it with him anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeriAZ
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I would.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Yeah, one way or another, you need to talk to someone about this. You could start with your pediatrician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
CPS so they have control of the interview.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
That is what I figured. Should I bring him to their office or have them come to my home?

Quoting Sj218: CPS so they have control of the interview.
Sj218
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I don't have any idea how that works. I would just want to make sure they were the first ones to talk to him. Don't want to be accused of leading the conversation or anything like that. At least call them first and see what they say.

Quoting Anonymous: That is what I figured. Should I bring him to their office or have them come to my home?

Quoting Sj218: CPS so they have control of the interview.
KrissyKC
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be calling cps for advice. They will want him seen by a doc both physically and psychologically.
lunyuny
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I would
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Uhh. Duh call cps... Your child is AFRAID.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Get a temporary restraining order until you can get your lawyer or cps to make the visits supervised...your son is scared for a reason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Any idea how I get a temporary restraining order?

Quoting Anonymous: Get a temporary restraining order until you can get your lawyer or cps to make the visits supervised...your son is scared for a reason
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)