• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they're her kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Why didn't someone tell me that when you have grandkids you have to raise them. My 22 yr old dd has two 21 months and three as of yesterday. They moved back in ..only was supposed to be a month that was ten months ago. I have to get up with her at night. The oldest cuz she still has a bottle but youngest is off it. She sleeps upstairs with the sperm donor. He'llbe 31 next month. Doesn't take care of them financially or any way. THEY come and go as they please but I have to take care of them 24 7.He's bipolar. Has a 14 yr old he never took care of. I'm a mom of 6 and took care of them all myself. My youngest is 15 so I'm tired. Any rude comments plz refrain . I just need advice
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMeKat
by Kat on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Give them a move out date, an stick to it.

Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Well, you allowed it to happen. Start putting your foot down and make them grow up. You can only be a foot mat as long as you allow them to.
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Why do you allow it?
KrissyKC
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Start setting serious boundaries.
lunyuny
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Give them a move out date. If she wants to get her shit together set a time limit and he has to go. No way I would deal with that
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Why are you not making them take care of them? You are the grandmother, not the mother. Both my boys have moved back home with their children. One son is 28, the other is 33. Both know they are fully responsible for their children. They're up in the middle of the night? So is daddy. My 3year old grandson will come to me in if he wakes up and I make him wake up his father.

The 33 year old moved in after letting his life spin out of control and an eviction. When he and our granddaughter first moved in he thought he didn't have to watch her because I was here. I set. Him straight right quick.

Both my boys know I will babysit if they need me to but they have to give me notice. I raised them. They get to raise the children they made.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Keep the grandkids but kick out the parents.  If they want their kids they will smarten up and get jobs and a place to live if not I guess it's time for foster care (for which perhaps you can apply?).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
When they had their own apt I still had the babies ninety. Nine percent of the time cuz he was throwing himself. He is a waste.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
And I tell them all the time that they have too take care of them but even after she had the oldest. I'd say no I'm not taking her at night. They'd come up and say well you are and leave. What could I do ?
LyTe684
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
You don't have to. But you will, as long as you keep allowing it. Tell her the babies are welcome to stay, but her and her SO have until [insert date here] to find a place and leave.

Remember, they will only do what you LET THEM GET AWAY WITH.

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)