• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Then DON'T Ask My Opinion! Grrrr!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sometimes my Dh is a pain in the butt! When he is doing something that requires a decision, he'll ask me. "What do you think, This, or This?" And when I say "That." He will say "Really? You like That? WHY?" I don't know what to say to him lol.

If you were going to question me on my opinion, why ask at all?

Like recently he was playing Grand Theft Auto 5, and he was building a motorcycle, lol and he asked me, "Does it look better with the saddle bags or without." I say "With." He then proceeds to ask me WHY I like them on it..and if I REALLY like them or if I'm just saying that to make him drive around stupid. lol

So I think I'm giving up in his little game of what do you like and WHY?

Does your Dh/SO/Df/Bf's do something that bothers you? Or that makes you say "Why even ask me?"

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KrissyKC
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I would just agree with him... sure honey, I base all my decisions on if I can get you to go arpund looking stupid. Then stare at him blankly.
stef1976
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM

yep but mine usually asks his mom for a 2nd opinion from mine. One time he had a cold, said Ifeel so much better but I still have this cough, why is that?I told him because the cough is the last thing to go. I'll be damned if he didn't ask his mom the same thing and get the same answer! I asked him if he thought I was lying to him!

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Um - doesn't sound so odd to me.

If you have an opinion, you should have a general reason as to why.

JealousGrrl
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:14 AM

He complains about things sometimes and then when I give him advice on how to make it better he wont take my advice unless I force it on him.  Then he realizes that my advice was right and he says, "your such a good wife to me."  BUT THEN DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN the next time he has an issue with something...dummy!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Do it back.

Purgatorian
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Mine asks me for my opinion then proceeds to argue with me on everything.

Now I say, "what do you like better honey?" and then agree with him no matter what.

Then I proceed to the other room where I roll my eyes at him and sometimes flip him the bird.

Oh and I also tell him to do the WRONG thing sometimes, just for the hell of it to see if will do the exact opposite of what I say.

Gotta enjoy the little things in life ya know? (maniacal laugh)

UncertainHopefl
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

lol that is funny!  He always asks me for my opinion, but when I try some clothes on or pick out a shirt I ask his opinion...he says "I dont know I'm not into clothes so I don't really care." So I grab the shirt most likely to show the most cleveage, put it on and show him and say "OK so This then?" and he stands up and says "NO!" lol

Quoting Purgatorian:

Mine asks me for my opinion then proceeds to argue with me on everything.

Now I say, "what do you like better honey?" and then agree with him no matter what.

Then I proceed to the other room where I roll my eyes at him and sometimes flip him the bird.

Oh and I also tell him to do the WRONG thing sometimes, just for the hell of it to see if will do the exact opposite of what I say.

Gotta enjoy the little things in life ya know? (maniacal laugh)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)