Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my job, but...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
The hours are really getting old! I'm a dialysis nurse. I've been doing this for almost 4 years, and its really starting to wear on me. I only work 3-4 days a week, but my days are an average of 14 hours, sometimes (like today), as much as 16. Today (like every work day) I woke up at 3:15, left the house at 4, and didn't get home till almost 10. Ugh! Getting a different job isn't an option, as an LPN, I'm at the very top of my pay scale in my area, and as a single mom (married, but separated probably for good), I can't afford a pay cut. I'm in school for my RN, so I really don't have any downtime. There really is no point to this post lol...but my feet hurt and I'm tired and I miss my kids, so I'm whining on here.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM
3 moms liked this

ya know you may be run down from doing work and school. It happens. Maybe when you are done with school you can take a little vacation and rest up. Hang in there, finish school...

lunyuny
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Bump
RedMatador09
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 PM

It will all be worth it, hang in there!

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I really needed that today!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

ya know you may be run down from doing work and school. It happens. Maybe when you are done with school you can take a little vacation and rest up. Hang in there, finish school...

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Thanks for the bump :-)

Quoting lunyuny: Bump
kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I know it will, but hearing that from a random stranger means a lot...thank you :-)

Quoting RedMatador09:

It will all be worth it, hang in there!

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM

you are not alone. i was doing 21 credits full time school trying to maintain life, now Im working full time and going to school. Its tough but it will be worth it once its over. School really does fly by faster than you think.

Quoting kiddycat73: Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I really needed that today!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM

good luck to you, if your kids are old enough, just remind them why you are so busy and how one day school will be over...

karenbrzez
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM

It is worth it to stick it out and get your RN. I went to nursing school right out of high school and they only offered a RN so I am thankful I have been an RN now for 17 years. I thought 12 hours were the way to go but now that I am back on 8 hour shifts, I love them. I actually can have a life and do things with my family and not be so exhausted all the time. Good luck!

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I can't even imagine 21 credits!! I'm still in my pre reqs and am taking a full load (12 hours) this coming semester, and I'm terrified lol. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to study and work my crazy job and not neglect my kids. Thank God they're teens and understand.

Quoting thetrollcat:

you are not alone. i was doing 21 credits full time school trying to maintain life, now Im working full time and going to school. Its tough but it will be worth it once its over. School really does fly by faster than you think.

Quoting kiddycat73: Thank you so much for the encouragement!! I really needed that today!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)