Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are you women with men that play video games?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 652 Replies
14 moms liked this
Seriously?? I see so many posts with you women complaining about your so playing video games. They are consumed by the games and treat you like crap. They control you or cheat on you and you put up with it. I don't understand it! They are suppose to be adult men. They should be fathers, protectors and lovers. But the play stupid Xbox or whatever. How can you spend one more second with these boys? When you were dating did you say to yourself, yay I want a loser that plays video games all day and doesn't love his family? No I'm sure you didn't. Please ladies make 2014 your year and get rid of the video gaming losers. Be something better!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I have never complained, my father does and he lives with us.  But I know when hub play the games it is either with our son, or on his computer and uses it has a destresser.

BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM
7 moms liked this
My Df loves his xbox. I love my xbox. We play games daily. He does not neglect me or dd. We also dont have cable so instead of watching tv to relax we play video games.
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine didn't play them much until after a couple years of marriage. Then they consumed his whole life. He lost out on  a lot with me and our son. We are now divorcing after 8 years of marriage. That was part of the reason plus some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Why does he live with you?

Quoting momto3infl:

I have never complained, my father does and he lives with us.  But I know when hub play the games it is either with our son, or on his computer and uses it has a destresser.

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
26 moms liked this
I play video games. We are gamers, but none of us are addicts. We also play card, strategy, and board games that are non-video games. Gaming is our hobby. We go on trips to participate in tournaments. We participate in beta versions of games. It's fun for us.

We both also work full time and take care of our family, so we don't put an overwhelming amount of hours into it.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I am not with one, but to each their own.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
7 moms liked this
Because I like games too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it sucks the life out people. The games are so absorbing. I'm sorry for your divorce but glad you are doing something for yourself.

Quoting malibucj:

Mine didn't play them much until after a couple years of marriage. Then they consumed his whole life. He lost out on  a lot with me and our son. We are now divorcing after 8 years of marriage. That was part of the reason plus some.

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:01 AM
27 moms liked this
Video games are fun and a source of entertainment. I like them and so does he but we're not obsessed.
We have our priorities straight.
If someone is treating you like crap the problem is them Not the activity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM
6 moms liked this
I would never marry or be with a man that plays video games.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)