Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, Im 25 and disabled and its not my fault your son was denied!!! PICS ADDED..page 50 &51..UPDATE pg98..UPDATE 6/11/14 **graphic**. Update page 103

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1035 Replies
Im tired of having to defend myself to older women and/or men because im disabled. I didn't choose this.

Back story: I had went to Walgreens to get more gauze pads to put on my surgical wounds, because I had ran out of some of the supplies given to me when I was discharged from the hospital on Sunday. I checked out in the pharmacy area because the line was long at the cashier station at the front of the store. I am unable to stand for long periods of time due to one of my many illnesses. So the pharmacy tech, told me my total and I paid with my direct express card and the elderly couple behind me had the nerve to say, " Here goes another young lady cheating and milking the system". I turn around and I ask politely if they were referring to me. The elderly man says yes he was. He then goes on to say, how young people are cheating the system and how im milking it by walking with a cane and how I probably use every form if pa just to get out of working and that I dont even look disabled. Then the wife says how disgusted she is with the young generation and how her son is fighting for his life and he was denied. How is that my fault? I assure you, im not milking anything, and I dont like having to use a cane. Why is it so hard to believe that a young adult can be disabled? I didn't ask for this. My kids didn't ask for this. Smh. Why judge when you don't know a person's situation? The only pa I recieve is fs and medicaid. Ssdi is not pa, so how am I milking the system?

Ughhh vent over.....
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bump
FelineTopic
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM
8 moms liked this
You're not milking the system....

People are just ignorant....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM
40 moms liked this
I am sorry if this actually happened, but it sounds very false.
ArmyWife112908
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM
9 moms liked this

I would have told the old people to F*** off. Thats just me though.

SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM
that sucks I would have been really upset, I hope you get better!
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Yikes. Sorry momma. The elderly are as bad and twisted as the moms on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Can I ask what your disabilities are with out upsetting you? I too am disabled and my husbands aunt just found out due to his big mouth and she jumped down both our throats not knowing my situation. I too have to use a wheelchair in the stores cause I can't walk, Days I usually use my wheely walker in my own home.

RedMatador09
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
13 moms liked this

Yes they were wrong to say that but remember when they were younger people worked no matter what or did without.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN