Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont understand....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM
  • 94 Replies

why some women and men are intimidated by my hubby and I because we are tall.

I am 6'5 and my husband is 6'10 and we have lost some good friends we have met recently in our lives because how we look in public. Lets say you see two couples are walking down the street and you see a really tall couple and a significantly shorter couple. Our friends who are the shorter couple feel embarrassed which I don't understand. Then they never want to hangout again and we lose contact.One couple told us it was that particular reason to our face  which is pretty cold

Let me ask you you. Would you and your husband be embarrassed to hangout out with us just by looks alone? ( dont mind the goofy face)

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh, I wouldn't care. But then again, I'm used to being a "speed bump", lol. I'm 5'2".
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all, I can't imagine judging someone by their height. These sound like people you didn't need as friends anyway.

mommy5912
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I am short at 5ft and I would never not be friends with nice people just because of how tall they are :)
withsecond
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM
What a stupid reason to not be friends with someone.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I wouldnt be embarassed, but I would need more pairs of heels :-)
cybcm
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Why on earth would someone not wantoto be friends with someone because of their height? That's childish.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I wouldn't be embarrassed at all. What a silly reason to not be friends with someone.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Wow. And they were adults? How silly to get hung up on something like that so badly that you can't be friends. That sucks. They are probably shitty friends anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Nope. I would not be embarrassed. One of my best friends since high school was 6'1" and she always wore heels! I am only 5'5". I also had a very good male friend that was over 7' tall.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Nope. Dh is 6 foot and I'm 5'2 So I'm used to looking short.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)