Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im sick of being the girlfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

after 10 years im sick of it. im pissed at myself for wasting so long on a man who claims he wants to be with me forever but for whatever reason refuses to make it official. 

i feel like ive settled. i feel like its all my fault. and now im stuck. we have kids together. itd be stupid to leave right now. but im tired of being the cum bucket that cleans the house, cooks him dinner, raises our kids, and everything else...when he cant even marry me. 

he doesnt even have a good reason for not proposing. before it was "were too young" and now its "i want to wait until we can afford a nice big wedding". i dont want a big wedding. and he never did either. until now. both of our families are filled with drama. i dont want to be stressed on our wedding day. 

im tired of feeling used. im tired of being "just the girlfriend" or "baby mama". i feel disrespected. 

And I can't be mad at anyone but myself because I allowed it to happen. 

FML

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:02 PM
3 moms liked this

tell him you want to sneak away and elope, and then when you can afford the big wedding, then you'll do it at that later time..but for now, for the kids security,  he should be willing to at least elope and make it official for his kids. 

almburr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Have you been engaged this whole time?
MomTeacher621
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Yes, or just go to the county courthouse. If he won't do that, and then have the big wedding later, I'd have a SERIOUS sit down with him and get him to tell you exactly why he won't commit.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Do a weekend vacation to Vegas and get married
Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM
That def sucks. That's why most women put a timeline out and why most don't have kids beforehand cause they might get in this situation I guess..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would you call yourself a cum bucket?? Yeesh.

stormy0142
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Time to face facts...he is not going to marry you. For whatever reason he is happy with the arrangement and will continue to stall with a variety of excuses. It is up to you to decide if YOU can live with this arrangement and make the necessary decisions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

No. I actually proposed to him when we were...17? 18 maybe. We realized that it was "silly" and we were both too young and didn't want to make such a huge decision yet so we went back to "just dating". We've been together since we were 14 and I think everyone got to us, saying it wouldnt work out, whatever. We're 24 now and still together with a few kids. 

Quoting almburr: Have you been engaged this whole time?

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you are going through this.  Its not your fault, IMO, he strung you along with a promise of getting married when the time was right.

If he didn't want to get married period, he should have been upfront with you from the beginning.

So no, I don't think this is your fault at all.  He lied.  You aren't responsible for his lies.

I agree with other posters.  Sit down and tell him how you feel and tell him that the relationship continuing without a commitment is no longer good enough for you.  Period.

Just prepare yourself if he doesn't budge.  If he doesn't, you have a hard decision to make.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:13 PM

It just feels that way sometimes. 

I wonder if we didnt have kids, and I didnt have sex with him, would he have proposed or would he have left? He gets sex now- so why bother? "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk free". its just how it feels. 

If I decided to stop having sex until he figured shit out im sure id get bashed all to hell. CM likes to think you have to give it up, like its our job or something.

just feeling down tonight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you call yourself a cum bucket?? Yeesh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN