Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Since so many told the woman that was disappointed in her engagement ring that she should just suck it up....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM
  • 282 Replies

Why not post your engagement ring here??  If it wasn't the style you would have chose, post what you would have liked as well... let's see how many women really loved what they got or they "sucked" it up because you are marrying the man, not the ring..... In my opinion, I wouldn't want to wear a ring everyday that I didn't love.  I also know that my husband would have been able to tell if I didn't love the ring he chose when he propsed and would have been angry at me for not saying anything. When he did originally propose, he asked my sons' permission to ask me to marry him. They both told him yes. He was going to wait to ask me but my son slipped and told me in front of him so we went to a pawn shop, found a three stone ring and that is what he proposed with.  I lived a state away and I found a setting I loved and I called him and asked him if he minded if I had the largest of the three stones reset into the solitaire setting.  He said no problem but you can't put it back on until I come to visit.  He surprised me with a visit that weekend and he had picked up the ring and proposed all over again.  We have been together ten years.  I no longer have that beautiful engagement ring nor do I have the band I got married with because we hit rough times and it needed to be sold.  I will post pictures of my rings when I find them on the computer.

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I returned the ring he got me so I can't post a picture of it. I might try to take a photo of the one I picked out but I'm in the tub lol
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
21 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Above is my engagement ring picked out by my dh. Not my style at all but I never told him. Actually I asked dh about the post you're referring to and he said and I quote, "I would want you to shut the fuck up and pretend it's what you'd always dreamed of." He said, "if I put enough thought and enough heart into the one purchase, than the last thing I would want to hear is that's it's not good enough or not what you wanted ."
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM
31 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is how he proposed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Not going to post a picture because its in the safe. I sucked it up because it was his family heirloom and I'm not a heartless bitch. I don't wear it often because its just too big. I told him I'm too afraid to lose it.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Love, Love, Love this.... Your lil princess is beautiful and so is your ring.

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

Mobile Photo

This is how he proposed.

evolove
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the promise ring I got. I wasn't expecting anything. It's simple, which I love and it's also my favorite color! Plus he knows I hate gold so the titanium is perfect! He also got the size right because while we were in San Antonio looking at mood rings for ourselves, he was having me try on different sizes and remembered

happy

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I picked out my own engagement ring and my wedding ring. My husband is always talking about buying me a new one because both of mine are small but I can't imagine having anything else on my finger
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely agree with your husband!

I didn't like my ring. It's not a style I would have chosen but, wear it with pride :D

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

Mobile Photo

Above is my engagement ring picked out by my dh. Not my style at all but I never told him. Actually I asked dh about the post you're referring to and he said and I quote, "I would want you to shut the fuck up and pretend it's what you'd always dreamed of." He said, "if I put enough thought and enough heart into the one purchase, than the last thing I would want to hear is that's it's not good enough or not what you wanted ."
JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM

That is so stinking cute!~

She is a doll.

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

Mobile Photo

This is how he proposed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM

This isn't a picture of my exact ring but I have one just like it.  My dh picked it out himself 18 years ago. Is it something I would have picked for myself? No.  I like rings with more stones.  Do I absolutely love it? Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN