Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does your SO...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

How does your SO handle confrontation?

If you get upset does he walk away or try to talk? Does he lack in the communication area or no? 

I have a lot of issues communicating with my SO because he avoids confrontation. He never tries to talk.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:07 PM

bumpity bump

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM

We talk about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Walk away. I hate it but he likes to be left alone when he's upset & doesn't get that just b/c he prefers it to be like that doesn't mean I do
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Walk away. I hate it but he likes to be left alone when he's upset & doesn't get that just b/c he prefers it to be like that doesn't mean I do

Does he eventually speak up or do you have to initiate the conversation about the argument (or whatever the situation is)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Depends on how serious it was. Some things r like cool off and keep on truckin. But I will usually be the one to initiate the convo. Or I will write b/c I get so flustered when I'm emotional

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Walk away. I hate it but he likes to be left alone when he's upset & doesn't get that just b/c he prefers it to be like that doesn't mean I do

Does he eventually speak up or do you have to initiate the conversation about the argument (or whatever the situation is)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I get upset. He holds me or leaves me alone (which ever I need at that time) until I am "sane" again. Then we talk about whatever it was. Sometimes that means talking about it the next day. Sometimes it is just an hour or two later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Depends on how serious it was. Some things r like cool off and keep on truckin. But I will usually be the one to initiate the convo. Or I will write b/c I get so flustered when I'm emotional

Quoting Anonymous:

I think thats a good idea. I prefer to talk stuff out, fix it and move on but my DH isn't that way. He will go stew and *hope* that it's one of those things that doesn't get brought up again. If I didn't start the conversations or finish the arguments they would never be resolved. Its really shitty.

tinybluemoon
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM

He talks. Thank god because I would be to stubborn too and every fight would end in divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Mine will walk away. Sometimes it's better for us to cool down before we hash it out.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Walk away with lack communication. I hate it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)