Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you told your family your wishes when you die?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM
  • 131 Replies
As far as burial cremation services ect? I am following our religious guidelines. Washed, shrouded in a white sheet, prayed for at the mosque, and then buried no casket or embalming within 24 hours of death. My uncle just passed suddenly and it wasn't clear totally what he wanted. It took 2 weeks to cremate him.
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Yes. But when I told my husband I wanted my ashes spread in three different places, he seemed a bit put out.
J-KsMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Awww why? Did he have something else in mind?

Quoting anotherhalf: Yes. But when I told my husband I wanted my ashes spread in three different places, he seemed a bit put out.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:38 PM
He thought I should be some place I could be visited. I don't feel the need to visit the grave sites of my loved ones so I didn't consider that my dh and ds might feel differently.

Quoting J-KsMommy: Awww why? Did he have something else in mind?

Quoting anotherhalf: Yes. But when I told my husband I wanted my ashes spread in three different places, he seemed a bit put out.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Cremation. I refuse to take up a plot of ground that could be used to grow food for future generations. And I'm not so vain as to think anyone's going to care who I was after I die, anyway.
J-KsMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Are you going to be burried then for them to have that?

Quoting anotherhalf: He thought I should be some place I could be visited. I don't feel the need to visit the grave sites of my loved ones so I didn't consider that my dh and ds might feel differently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Yes they know if possible to donate anything that could be used and then cremate me without embalming and dump me out somewhere. I don't want a burial site or headstone or viewing of the body. If they would like to give me a formal funeral than so be it but I don't care either way. I'd like as little fuss over my corpse as possible and to keep it as chemical free as possible.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Yes, they are aware of our wishes.

J-KsMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Your children and grandchildren will.

Quoting Diamepphyre: Cremation. I refuse to take up a plot of ground that could be used to grow food for future generations. And I'm not so vain as to think anyone's going to care who I was after I die, anyway.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Dh can do whatever he wants. For me, once I'm gone, whatever happens to my body is for the benefit of my loved ones. I wanted cremation and scattering because I didn't want to take up space, but I have no religious guidelines I need to follow so it truly doesn't matter to me.

Quoting J-KsMommy: Are you going to be burried then for them to have that?

Quoting anotherhalf: He thought I should be some place I could be visited. I don't feel the need to visit the grave sites of my loved ones so I didn't consider that my dh and ds might feel differently.

J-KsMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Are they ok with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they know if possible to donate anything that could be used and then cremate me without embalming and dump me out somewhere. I don't want a burial site or headstone or viewing of the body. If they would like to give me a formal funeral than so be it but I don't care either way. I'd like as little fuss over my corpse as possible and to keep it as chemical free as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN