Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sisters nanny -_-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My mil usually watching DD on the days my dh and I work (he works 5 day a week I only 3-4 days a week) but mil fell this new years eve and has to stay in bed she hurt her knee. So today I had work and had my sister's nanny babysit my DD because I couldn't find anyone else til next week and I don't want to put DD in daycare for only a couple days a week, too much money. Now DD is 22 months old and every since she was a couple months old she can only handle eating a little in the morning or shell get sick, my dh and fil are the same way. We got to my sister's house and I told her DD ate and no to give her anymore to eat until at the earliest 10:30-11 O'Clock, but drinks are fine. She asked if dd had a big breakfast and I told her no ( DD had a strawberry and banana toddler cereal bar and a cup of milk) and she said if DD gets hungry she going to give DD food, I told her not to or DD will get sick. While I was at work for an hour and a half and get a phone call from the nanny. I had to go pick up DD because she got sick and was already in the change of clothes I had in her diaper bag. I asked her what she gave DD to eat and she said eggs and pancakes like my twin neices had. I wanted to flip. I had to take the rest of today off and I'm staying home with DD. Why is it people think they know someone's kid(s) better then they do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lunyuny
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I would be pissed also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Don't pay her. She intentionally refused to follow specific health instructions. So she is at fault. Hell, you could even try to get your days wages from HER, not that all the cost of doing it would be worth it.
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Agree with Anon - dont pay her - she deliberatly went against what you told her to do (or in this case not to do).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I used to babysit the children of a woman with a serious eating disorder.  She was very insistant about what the girls eat, even when they were babies.  They were underweight.  The mom's SIL used to provide me with extra formula (and later other foods) so I could make sure that the girls had food when they were hungry.

It's a tough line to walk sometimes, following mom's rules while making sure the kids are cared for properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I didn't pay her, when I got home I texted my sister and told her about what happened. She called me, turns out she was planning on firing the nanny anyway because she wasn't listening about what my sister would tell her about the twins. One of the twins has bad food allergies and the nanny hasn't been pay much attention to what she gives my niece if its not something my sister gave the okay to give her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I understand that but the nanny was told nothing more to eat til 10:30, I wasn't telling her to not feed my daughter at all, to just to wait til later.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to babysit the children of a woman with a serious eating disorder.  She was very insistant about what the girls eat, even when they were babies.  They were underweight.  The mom's SIL used to provide me with extra formula (and later other foods) so I could make sure that the girls had food when they were hungry.

It's a tough line to walk sometimes, following mom's rules while making sure the kids are cared for properly.

boricua3177
by Monica on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

OP, your request doesn't sound unreasonable at all.  Toddlers have small tummies & don't need a lot of calories.  Your DD's breakfast sounds about right as far as how much my toddler would eat.  The nanny knowingly disregarded your instructions.  I wouldn't pay her either, you might has well stayed home!  Sheesh!

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I would be pissed, and she wouldnt get paid.. I hate it when people just dont listen.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps your dd showed interest in what the twins were eating. I wouldnt tell a two year old that they cant eat while all the other kids can right in front of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Sheshould have called me before giving it to her, DD could have had ampancake or a little bit of egg, not half a plate of eggs and two pancakes the size my DH could eat to himself.

Quoting thenameshailie: Perhaps your dd showed interest in what the twins were eating. I wouldnt tell a two year old that they cant eat while all the other kids can right in front of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)