Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how normal is this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

my 18 mo cries everytime he wakes up and i mean everytime. he hates to cuddle, he bangs his head on the floor/ wall/hard surface when he doesn't get his way or does it out of the blue when he's upset. he's very aggressive and acts out all the time. when i say he wakes up crying I mean he shrieks, yells, wails and screams bloody murder. it's really taking a toll on my nerves because nothing i do works. i try to get to him when i hear him rustling around but it's so instant. his pedi says its normal but this doesnt feel normal. any tips or ideas on what I can do to stop this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM

get a new pedi...obviously yours is a quack

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM

My twins used to bang their heads on the floor too.  I just ignroed it, didnt say "stop" or anything, i just walked out of the room and eventually they stopped.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I've been researching for a new one. I'm looking really hard to make sure this next one sticks and takes my concerns seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

always do  an interview when finding a new dr...that way you'll know if he's on the same page

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been researching for a new one. I'm looking really hard to make sure this next one sticks and takes my concerns seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Stephd710:

My twins used to bang their heads on the floor too.  I just ignroed it, didnt say "stop" or anything, i just walked out of the room and eventually they stopped.  

I've tried that and it doesnt work, if anything it pushes him to hit harder. he's been doing this for almost a year now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

another idea is a family practitioner instead of a pedi...they tend to take parents concerns more seriously than a pedi who thinks they know it all, and make the new mommy to feel inferior and bow down to him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Find a new Pediatrician.........ASAP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

put a mirror ( kiddie one) attached to his crib or close to it, so he can see himself.  Each morning when you go in, show him , himself. Hopefully he will get used to it, see himself in the mirror in the mornings and wont freak out about being alone. He may even lay in there and talk to his image in the mirror.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM

i will.  all my independent research shows that nothing can be done about his head butting but his attitude and emotions has me through a loop. 

quoting Anonymous:

always do  an interview when finding a new dr...that way you'll know if he's on the same page

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

maybe get him a helmet so he won't hurt himself

Quoting Anonymous:

i will.  all my independent research shows that nothing can be done about his head butting but his attitude and emotions has me through a loop. 

quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN