Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for those who are not with their child(ren) biological father!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Do you feel weird asking your SO to help? Financially, emotionally, or physically?

Are there boundries?

Is there anything you WONT ask them to do for your children?

I met my SO (not DS biological father) when DS was 2. Theres nothing SO wouldnt do for him. My DS actually listens better for him.

But I get people questioning my choices. They said SO shouldnt be responsible for DS. If he will willing to do so, then why is it their buisness?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I had trouble asking for his help in the beginning. But he showed pretty quickly that he was more than willing to help. I got over it pretty quick.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM

When we first started dating... he didn't help me financially or physically.   The longer we dated it all fell into place and he helps with all now. 

We have been together 6 1/2 years, married almost 2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Do people question you?

My family mostly. Well my Dad.

SO's family has taken my DS in like their own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had trouble asking for his help in the beginning. But he showed pretty quickly that he was more than willing to help. I got over it pretty quick.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM
We started dating when DD was 2 weeks. He has always helped and she loves him. She calls him daddy, but calls her bio dad by his first name.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:08 AM

My SO just kind of always accepted my son as his own and behaved accordingly. There was never any 'official' talk about it, everything just naturally fell into place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Well they are teens now so it is a non issue. But no, no one really questioned it in the beginning if he helped out. My EXH was (and is) still a very involved father so it is not like my dh was taking dads place or anything.

Quoting Anonymous: Do people question you?

My family mostly. Well my Dad.

SO's family has taken my DS in like their own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM

My husband is a better father to my son than my ex husband. Most people do not know he is not the biological father. His dad does not show up to anything. He is always invited to events and sports, it is his choice not to show. My husband is home with him today, taking care of him while he is sick, and cleaned up his puke Tuesday night.

Tigress22304
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM

No for all 3-My DH is NOT DD's biological father-but in every other sense of the word he is and has been for 7yrs of her 9yr life.

He's fed her,changed her diapers,been to all her medical appts (she's physically/mentally disabled) he spoils and loves her.

He does the same for his ex wife's daughter-we spoil her-help BM with her expenses-she'll always be a part of our family.

And as long as YOU and your SO are happy with your arraignment-then no fucks are given-don't listen to what other people are saying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM

My DH supports my older 2 as if they are his own and has no problem doing so. He never has had a problem with it. Even when we first started dating he supported them so I could stay home with them like they were used to. I have never had anyone question our situation. Well not to our faces any way. But I also had known DH for 8 years when we started dating and we had dated as teenagers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)