Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gee...I wonder why they are so sick??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

About 2 months ago my BIL and SIL's toilet backed up  and overflowed sewage into their entire house, which is carpeted. They have an 18mth old DD. So, they steam cleaned the carpet, but yet they are all sick all the time, especially the baby. She has been sick for two months with no improvement. Dur da dur maybe its all the shit soaked into your carpet that your cheap ass steam cleaner did not get out! My DH works for a utility company, whenever this happens in their district, they put the homeowners up in a hotel and remodel their house--flooring, drywall, etc; because shit soaked carpet is never good! Freaking nasty idiots! Of course now its too late to call the utility company and have them do anything about it, assuming it was their fault. I feel so bad for that poor baby, this is just one tiny example of the life she lives :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

wow...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

call cps?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I believe my MIL did a few days ago, nothing has happened as of yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

call cps?

isaacsmommy68
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM

They probobly have black mold and other stuff growing in the padding. I dont think you can steam that out. Eww

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Holy hell. Ripping out the carpet was not an option. Well, it was. The ONLY option. You need to talk some sense into those two!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

No, you cant. Thats why we did away with all carpet and put in hardwood...I LOVE carpet and miss it, but it really can be nasty--especially in these situations!

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

They probobly have black mold and other stuff growing in the padding. I dont think you can steam that out. Eww

IndigoRose
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Obviously, the whole carpet should be ripped up and the whole floor scrubbed down.  This doesn't take any money to do, except for the cleaning supplies, only time.  We didn't want carpet in our house so over a period of a couple of months we pulled it all up.  Tedious, but it can be done.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Omg that is freakin disgusting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM

They rent, did not bother contacting the landlord .. Having a cement floor has got to be better than this! There's no talking sense into them, they just get offended, no matter how nicely you do it. 

Quoting Anonymous: Holy hell. Ripping out the carpet was not an option. Well, it was. The ONLY option. You need to talk some sense into those two!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Can they actually afford new carpets etc?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)